The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
And I thought I was taking the healthy option for our grand daughters...pancakes are a favourite at breakfast. Flour milk and an egg...seems so natural compared to factory produced breakfast cereals. Can't win can you ?. 😀

Nowt unhealthy about pancakes, so long as you remember to be generous with the sugar.
Ohh.....
And the honey.
Ohh
And the ice cream. Chocolate flavour is the most healthy.

screenman

Legendary Member
I had a little blip on the diet on Saturday, but with what I am going through I expect that from time to time. I have lost a few stone and dropped from xl to medium, still a bit to go. Odd how it is only overweight people who tell me I do not need to lose any more.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I had a little blip on the diet on Saturday, but with what I am going through I expect that from time to time. I have lost a few stone and dropped from xl to medium, still a bit to go. Odd how it is only overweight people who tell me I do not need to lose any more.

A strange one here.
Sue and I had tablets and every morning we would compete for quickest to do Wordle.
Since she died I have not been able to even switch my tablet on.
A hour ago I put it on charge. I need to put the new Virgin password in so as to get online. My goal is to do Wordle again (without crying too much, like I am while typing this).
Is this a glimmer of the light at the end of the tunnel I was promised ?

screenman

Legendary Member
A strange one here.
Sue and I had tablets and every morning we would compete for quickest to do Wordle.
Since she died I have not been able to even switch my tablet on.
A hour ago I put it on charge. I need to put the new Virgin password in so as to get online. My goal is to do Wordle again (without crying too much, like I am while typing this).
Is this a glimmer of the light at the end of the tunnel I was promised ?

I am still working through the list. I have not even been able to look at tomato sauce since Pam went. I have, however, managed to go into the lounge in recent weeks and sit down. That was a battle, though. Yes, I am also crying whilst writing this. I am not sure when I will be able to pass her things on. I am giving her car a clean today prior to it going in for an MOT tomorrow.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am still working through the list. I have not even been able to look at tomato sauce since Pam went. I have, however, managed to go into the lounge in recent weeks and sit down. That was a battle, though. Yes, I am also crying whilst writing this. I am not sure when I will be able to pass her things on. I am giving her car a clean today prior to it going in for an MOT tomorrow.

My/our daughter was very good and helpful. I asked her to go mad and clear all Sue's things out (and she had a lot of clothes). Daughter did well tbh.
I gifted Sue's car to my daughter (sold it for one pound). I sat in the passenger seat on Friday as SiL drove to the chippy.

PaulSB

Squire
Good nearly lunch time. Today small person #2 is here for the first time. This involves Granddad collecting her from north Manchester at 8.00/8.30. Set off at 7.15. M61 horrific. ☹️ An excellent morning so far and she is now Zzzzzzzzz

Mrs P had a consultant appointment this morning. Better news. Her cancer has a particular genetic variation meaning she will not need chemotherapy for the moment. Her treatment will be with an anti-body drip once every two weeks plus a daily tablet. There will be side-effects but far less than chemo - probably acne and tiredness. Bloody teenagers!!! This will hopefully give her around four months of quality life before chemo is necessary. That's a boost. Small but a boost.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good nearly lunch time. Today small person #2 is here for the first time. This involves Granddad collecting her from north Manchester at 8.00/8.30. Set off at 7.15. M61 horrific. ☹️ An excellent morning so far and she is now Zzzzzzzzz

Mrs P had a consultant appointment this morning. Better news. Her cancer has a particular genetic variation meaning she will not need chemotherapy for the moment. Her treatment will be with an anti-body drip once every two weeks plus a daily tablet. There will be side-effects but far less than chemo - probably acne and tiredness. Bloody teenagers!!! This will hopefully give her around four months of quality life before chemo is necessary. That's a boost. Small but a boost.

Good news Paul. I am certain we are all with you at this time.

Top Bottom