The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Remarkable free from aches and pains this morning, despite falling off the Montesa several times yesterday - including one 'biggie' where I looped it halfway up a steep muddy bank and the bike landing on me.
Thoroughly enjoyed the day despite the claggy weather.
Had to retire early as there's an engine problem that needs sorting.
Well......I need a Winter project.
One bonus though - managed to get home early enough to get a Sunday lunch at the Railway Inn. Result!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning,
It's just stopped lashing down, the local Toby Carvery has emailed me with a voucher offering meals for £6. I noticed that takeaway is an option 🤔 ( mental image** of walking up the road carrying a plate and trying to prevent the gravy spilling off the edge )

We used to enjoy our local Toby Carvery. Meat was always nice and a good choice of veg.
**that was the image that jumped into my mind :smile:

gbb

Squire
Busy day today...
THE guardian, the court appointed honcho that everyone reports into is visiting this evening, they like to see the home setting how the girls are fitting in etc etc, prior to the court day, just to make sure all is well.

Wife is very poorly so she can't do much if anything and two kids soon make a never ending mess...so today is square up day (its really not that bad but a real hood chance to dig deep doesn't come often)
(For those reading this who don't know, we are imminently (next week) going to become guardians for two of our grandchildren)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I am not surprised when I see the crap people eat theses days ( ref : fast food).

I’ve been doing loads of youtubing and reading lately about this. The way most ultra processed food is made these days makes it so addictive and easy to overeat and the nutritional value is extremely poor. I’m trying hard to cut out sugar and anything made with flour as these are the two things that seem the most addictive. Only a week in, but already feeling better on it. Last night’s tea was just chicken and various veg, breakfast was shredded wheat with a handful of blueberries and a generous spoonful of Fage plain yoghurt. This needs to be a way of life and not just a “diet” for a few weeks and go back to bad habits again.

gbb

Squire
I’ve been doing loads of youtubing and reading lately about this. The way most ultra processed food is made these days makes it so addictive and easy to overeat and the nutritional value is extremely poor. I’m trying hard to cut out sugar and anything made with flour as these are the two things that seem the most addictive. Only a week in, but already feeling better on it. Last night’s tea was just chicken and various veg, breakfast was shredded wheat with a handful of blueberries and a generous spoonful of Fage plain yoghurt. This needs to be a way of life and not just a “diet” for a few weeks and go back to bad habits again.

And I thought I was taking the healthy option for our grand daughters...pancakes are a favourite at breakfast. Flour milk and an egg...seems so natural compared to factory produced breakfast cereals. Can't win can you ?. 😀

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Whereas Pam certainly was a ten, obesity is a huge problem in these parts and is going to be a huge burden on the NHS soon.

Mrs @BoldonLad was always a size 10. But, recently, we increasingly find that size 8 or even size 6 fits her.

Now, she has not shrunk, so, I can only assume that the clothes are being made bigger.

It is becoming an increasing problem to find clothes which fit, the rails are full of size 18, 20 and bigger.

Top Bottom