The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I should book an appointment with specsavers as well I think. I wear reading glasses but I should have it done just in case. We shall see.

My eyesight has got a fair bit worse over the last ten years. I can’t read without them and I use distance for telly watching and driving. Might try the varifocals again next time. I didn’t like them last time I tried and they swapped them for a pair of reading and pair for distance but it’s a pain swapping back and forward. Maybe if I persevere longer I would get used to them. Most folk that use them say they are great and wouldn’t go back to having to use two pairs.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My eyesight has got a fair bit worse over the last ten years. I can’t read without them and I use distance for telly watching and driving. Might try the varifocals again next time. I didn’t like them last time I tried and they swapped them for a pair of reading and pair for distance but it’s a pain swapping back and forward. Maybe if I persevere longer I would get used to them. Most folk that use them say they are great and wouldn’t go back to having to use two pairs.

I am one of those that am very happy with varifocals.
I know I need new specs as my sight has deteriated in recent years. Problem is there is NO parking anywhere near Specsavers (even with a blue badge).
I am debating getting a home visit test.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have varifocals from specsavers, I have the "elite lens" bit more expensive, but you get varifocal up and down, but also side to side so every thing is in focus when you turn your head.

Never heard of that one.
To me the extra cost is easily justified** as I wear them all day every day.
** Sue couldn't get used to them and (like Mo) went back to 2 pairs......... she would then constantly be losing one pair or the other.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
I got my licence unrevoked
1727948357845.png

B****y H*** it was chilly this morning

put the heating on as soon as I got downstairs

in other news I had cramp - or that is what I am calling it - in my sleep last night
I remembered the pain when it woke me up which is not normal so I think it was real
nodded off again after a while only to wake up about 7:45 with it again
This time I had to get up to stand on the leg to force some stretch into the muscle and move around a bit

too late to go back to bed so I got up and walked around a bit (including to the central heating control - see above)

not exactly sure it is cramp as I am not the sort that has had it often

just not sure what else it could be - very muscle based and only happens when I have my legs level with my body - like in bed or sitting on the couch with the leg-rest up.

hmm

anyway - walk to the pharmacy soon to get prescriptions - would normally use the bike but I think the leg exercise might be better

I am one of those that am very happy with varifocals.
I know I need new specs as my sight has deteriated in recent years. Problem is there is NO parking anywhere near Specsavers (even with a blue badge).
I am debating getting a home visit test.

Try another opticians??

OK - mught be more expensive for the glasses - but you can always get the prescription in writing and get them from somewhere else

Top Bottom