The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Pie and fries today.

Rain then sun then rain, you get the picture.

And another pottering day here.

Brunch for me was cereal followed by brocoli n Stilton soup.
Later (I am told) I will have slow cooker chicken n veg with mash.
It's difficult as I did all the cooking for me and Sue. Now the family are here my daughter likes to cook for me (as she is already doing a meal for the family).
Today my plan was........ Bacon barm for lunch and later it would be tuna, pasta and mayo....... So that's gone out of the window.
Daughter is a good cook, as was Sue and I don't want to upset her but I need some indipendance.

PaulSB

Squire
Brunch for me was cereal followed by brocoli n Stilton soup.
Later (I am told) I will have slow cooker chicken n veg with mash.
It's difficult as I did all the cooking for me and Sue. Now the family are here my daughter likes to cook me (as she is already doing a meal for the family).
Today my plan was........ Bacon barm for lunch and later it would be tuna, pasta and mayo....... So that's gone out of the window.
Daughter is a good cook, as was Sue and I don't want to upset her but I need some indipendance.

Are your family living with you Dave?

PaulSB

Squire
Yes, they have moved into the main house and I have moved into the flat. I had to adjust to the size but it has bedroom, bathroom, lounge and (small) kitchen...... Plus the conservatory and patio. I am quite comfy in here.

I must have missed this while I took a year off. You sold your place family sold theirs and you've bought something between you?

Are you still near Warrington?

Dave7

Legendary Member
I must have missed this while I took a year off. You sold your place family sold theirs and you've bought something between you?

Are you still near Warrington?
I am still in the same house. It is/was a large 3 bed 2 bath. Years ago we had a granny flat built on (for Sue's Mum).
Daughter and family are renting theirs out....... They would like to sell it really.
So, they have moved in to the main house.
Works out well really as we l get on fine.

Gunk

Guru
Lunch at Cotswold Airport near Cirencester

Top Bottom