The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Living 400' up the side of a hill is let's just say... interesting, too!

Aye, I'm 350' up on the peak of a hill and we do know it when the weather sets in.

Billing Aggrodrome is less than 2 miles away as the crow flies and is underwater yet again, but I have best part of 60 metres extra altitude over them so I'm feeling quite smug.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I live in the middle of nowhere. Hills and trees all around me and common land. Heaven. No noise at all accept when the jets are around. And no traffic either.

Tenkaykev

Guru
We live in a suburb of Poole and are fortunate to have an excellent bus service and to be within walking distance of two areas of Heathland that are SSSI's. Ours is a short road of about 14 dwellings which is one point of access to a larger housing estate. It's a bit of a " Rat Run " early in the morning and late afternoon as the school day starts / ends. ( school run time is an education, 1 SUV, 1driver, 1 passenger ) One near neighbour walks her children to school and says she overtakes people ferrying their child to school in the car, who live closer to the school than she does.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Ahh…..just realised you are talking about a house with dormer windows. I’m getting confused with doran construction. Silly me :laugh:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I've just had the physiotherapy department from our local hospital on the phone. I am starting a six week course of exercises at the hospital gym for my arthritic knee to help with the tightness of the muscles and tendons to help improve the flexibility of said knee.
Every Friday morning, starting on the 11th of October.

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. We have been in Croatia and got home yesterday. A rather lovely country though I can't pretend we saw much of it. The nearest small town/large village was Starigrad. 25⁰ most days, some rain at night, shorts and T-shirt all day.

This was an activity holiday resort. Neilson Holidays. I was impressed. Sailing, kayak, paddle board, windsurfing, cycling, tennis, pickleball, loads of yoga, pilates, very well equipped gym, etc. Mrs P and our friends played a lot of tennis and did some water based stuff. My shoulder injury prevented me joining in but I was very content to use the gym, join some classes and ride a bike!! First time in 14 weeks. A big moment. A touch nervous but it felt very good. As good as an MTB can feel to a 70 year old roadie. 🤣

Top Bottom