The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
As I popped into Tesco I noticed a woman standing beside her car she was on the phone, I noticed the car was on side stand and the spare wheel was out, I pulled in beside her and asked if I could help, she said they had the nuts off and the wheel was still stuck on, she also said the AA would be there at 6.30 pm, it was 1.30 pm at that time. At that moment another guy came over, it was her husband, I asked him if I could help and he explained the same, lucky for them the right bloke was talking to them a few minutes later the wheel, was off and the spare fitted, my good deed done for the day.

I always stop and ask anybody who looks like they have car problems; this couple of oldies, well my age, had been struggling for 30 minutes oddly enough only one other person had asked if he could help at all; he was a cyclist on his bike and had no tools with him.
Good for you.
Good deed for the day done. The cyclist that asked may not have any tools on him, but at least he asked if he could help.

screenman

Legendary Member
Good for you.
Good deed for the day done. The cyclist that asked may not have any tools on him, but at least he asked if he could help.

I agree, it certainly showed the cyclist was good guy, unlike the hundreds of motorists that just ignored the poor couple, as for the AA a five hour wait and the woman told them she was on her own, they want showing up for what they really are. My son waited six hours some time ago and a neighbour five hours.

classic33

Leg End Member
I agree, it certainly showed the cyclist was good guy, unlike the hundreds of motorists that just ignored the poor couple, as for the AA a five hour wait and the woman told them she was on her own, they want showing up for what they really are. My son waited six hours some time ago and a neighbour five hours.
I was the only one who enquired about helping a woman who's car had stopped, reasons unknown, whilst waiting for the lights to change.

Similar response from the AA when I phoned for her.* Bike off the road, secured on a fence, and then back to see what help could be given. She was wheelchair bound in a car like Jean, Taggarts wife, drove in the series. Pushed through the lights to a safe parking spot to the left. Was all I could do, but she wasn't stuck in traffic with other drivers on their horns.

Top Bottom