The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Mrs D tells me the local Facebook groups are full of people in new houses moaning about flooding.

Surely I can't be the only person in the UK to glance at an Environment Agency flood risk map before even going to loom at a house?

Not far from us is a new build estate in 'being laid out' mode, on fields that have periodically flooded. Bonkers!

Happily, we live around 130m above such weather induced calamities.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
So, went to bed about 1.45am.

Had outdoors stuff planned for today. Checked forecast and it said dry all day.

Got up to drizzle & the forecast had changed whilst I slept to:

1000010774.jpg

I hate to phrase it like this, but the forecasters are utterly incompetent tossers.

It is also chucking it down, nothing "light" about it at all.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
What makes me suspicious is the fact that it is called CAA. I shall delete it anyway.
I also get some from Screwfix and deleted that as well.

Looking through Spam box for the emails I noticed that there were five emails offering me an AA emergency kit. All from the same address. It's nothing to do with the AA.
We had 98 spam emails in the box over the weekend, all of them scams saying I have won tools, subscriptions need paying, payments failed and parcels need collecting.
Spam box was emptied again. No matter how many times you block the address or domain, or both they still manage to get around it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I think we are having fish today. Still no rain, but anything can happen in the next half hour as per Thunderbirds or Stingray or whoever it was. :laugh:

The best weather forcaster is your window. Just look out and see what you got. Sorted. I thank you. :thanks:

Still overcast and cool here. Suppose I better have another wander later. Didn’t realise it had gone 12 so will have some lunch soon. Probably either beans or spaghetti on toast I think.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Wandered around to a friends house and dropped off a board from a 1960's Jukebox that I managed to fit a new volume control to with a bit of jiggery pokery. Carried on to Big Tesco as we're getting low on printer paper. Hit by a wave of fatigue but was able to sit on a bench by the checkouts and pretend to be orgainising my shopping 😁
Back home now, will have a lie down and take it easy for the rest of the day.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Another day of doing nothing due to bad weather conditions. I have some woodwork to do but machinery and rain don't really mix as I use my saw table and other electricals outside to avoid dust inside.

Top Bottom