The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member

Battery in the bell box, it only lasted 16 years.

just found this

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/marathon-bars-snickers-reform-uk-nostalgia-b2616673.html

well - bugger!!

I had my hopes all pinned on that and was planning a return to my heyday of

err

err

whenever it was

if it was

classic33

Leg End Member
just found this

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/marathon-bars-snickers-reform-uk-nostalgia-b2616673.html

well - bugger!!

I had my hopes all pinned on that and was planning a return to my heyday of

err

err

whenever it was

if it was
Marathon was already taken in North America, so they couldn't use the name there. Snickers was already taken in Europe, so they couldn't use that here. Hence Snickers, in North America and Marathon in Europe, later rebranded worldwide under the same one name.

Too many mistakes in that piece.

screenman

Legendary Member
I had one of those strange mornings when I kept expecting Sue to walk through the door. OK this afternoon though.

Been a tough month Dave, lots of family birthday including grandson's 21st this Monday, and of course my middle son's wedding in Provence. The brave face keeps dropping, I could even feel my swimming goggles filling with tears in the pool. Little steps pal, everyone on here is a help, as you well know.

Gunk

Guru
Pretty stressful day today, packing up our son, who is going off to Southampton University tomorrow, no longer have the BMW 3 Series estate so it’s like Tetris trying to get it all into a Golf.

Mrs Gunk is very emotional about him going so it’s been a very odd day.

gbb

Squire
My free bus pass arrived today, I only applied a few days ago. I felt I almost wanted to walk to the bus stop, hop on one...just because. Thought I'd best get it in before I'm robbed of the opportunity.

Just a passing thought...I baulked at the idea of retiring for years, I'm not good at motivating myself at home. No problem at work, I'm tremendously motivated. But the two grandkids are now my work, my focus, give me purpose.
Its perfect (if remarkably challenging at times)

gbb

Squire
Pretty stressful day today, packing up our son, who is going off to Southampton University tomorrow, no longer have the BMW 3 Series estate so it’s like Tetris trying to get it all into a Golf.

Mrs Gunk is very emotional about him going so it’s been a very odd day.

I can imagine. Our eldest grandaughter has been over in Preston fir the last two weeks starts her uni place for Policing very soon, she's been working there in the meantime (got a job organised through her current employer (hospitality)
I know her.mum and dad are feeling it...

Top Bottom