The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I was enjoying a pleasant walk until just short of home. Some yobs down at the river with dogs and one came running at me and it’s broken the skin on my thigh. If I had realised what it was going to do I would have given it a kick as it approached.

I hate apple crumble, I was forced fed it at school and now everytime I see the name the memories come flooding back of me sat looking at a cold plate of the dreaded food.

I have the same feelings about semolina - I was forced to eat it so I loaded it up with lots of jam
One teacher wouldn't let me and I ended up sitting there all lunch time looking at a cooling bowl of slop until the next lesson started

Still can;t bear the stuff - or anything like it
Shortly after that I switched to packed lunches
I was in Reception - stayed on packed lunches until I left after the 6th Form!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well there are certainly far more jets than normal, so you never know. Another 2 flew over.

Think they’re just playing. :laugh:

IMG_0335.png

Just been looking around for energy quotes (electric and gas not legs for cycling!)

EDF tariff is about to end to I need to do something

I expected the Units rates to rise as we were on a VERY low rate

I also knew that the companies have been extracting the urine over standing charges but I was not aware of just how much
Gas standing charges have increased by 13-30 TIMES since I last changed tariff
Electric seem quite reasonable at 3 times the old charge

I can only presume the pipe and cables have been replaced by gold ones - (deleted further comments more suitable for "the other place"!!!!!)

bugger

screenman

Legendary Member
Think they’re just playing. :laugh:

View attachment 746167

Devil41 looks like they are lost. I live about 8 miles from Coningsby and the same from Waddington, both across a lot of open countryside, I get a lot of airshows going on. Also Wickenby has a lot of stunt flying going on and that again is about 8 miles away, quite a few of the practise above the open fields behind my house. I seldom get bored by them.

Top Bottom