The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Doing touristy stuff today with my cousin and his wife.
Steam train to Minehead etc.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning from a sunny Dorset.
Not a lot planned due to the lurgy, ticklish cough and a bit of muscle soreness. We have narrowed the choice of paint down to three shades so will pop around to the local Dulux Trade Centre and get match pots in the relevant colours.
Tickets to Weymouth beer festival purchased, Friday lunchtime is the best session, a scenic rail journey from Poole and amble along the prom to the venue.

mikeIow

Guru
Good morning from a sunny Dorset.
Not a lot planned due to the lurgy, ticklish cough and a bit of muscle soreness. We have narrowed the choice of paint down to three shades so will pop around to the local Dulux Trade Centre and get match pots in the relevant colours.
Tickets to Weymouth beer festival purchased, Friday lunchtime is the best session, a scenic rail journey from Poole and amble along the prom to the venue.

Loughborough pub trail is back….we will give it our best shot with some pals on Friday: starting early, always great to stagger home in daylight!

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have nearly thought of something to do today, just not sure what it is yet.
You can join me in not knowing what to do :smile:
I was due to go for my lunchtime drink but that has been cancelled which leaves a 'hole' to fill.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I have nearly thought of something to do today, just not sure what it is yet.

You can join me in not knowing what to do :smile:
I was due to go for my lunchtime drink but that has been cancelled which leaves a 'hole' to fill.

I was a bit at a loss today, but yesterday I bought some cooking apples, so later I'm making apple pies.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Wow.... Real home made apple pies. Not had one of those for many years.

I love apple pies, but I don't like the peeling of them it seems to take ages, cooking is no trouble.
I use to but tinned apple, but Sainsburys stopped selling it at my store, supply and demand I suppose
Apple pie and cream, apple pie and ice cream and of course apple pie with custard.

Top Bottom