The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
A bit of an overcast start to the day here.
All the usual things to do today, plus a meeting of the escape committee this afternoon at the Railway Bell.
I'm hoping the boiler hasn't packed up, it didn't come on yesterday evening, but there was plenty of hot water in the tank, so maybe it didn't need to fire up. I'll check at 8am when it is due to liven up.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks, picking granddaughter up from school today and bringing her back to ours for a two night sleepover as mum has Covid. Might give the Surgery a ring and try to find out what the entry in my GP record that says " Chronic kidney disease - resolved " actually refers to, it's a bit of a mystery that nothing has been mentioned to me.
It's the last sunny morning before the rain arrives so I will head out soon for a run. Like Mo, our small local park has several dog walkers, there’s a window of opportunity between the early dog walkers and the post school run crowd. I'm on good terms with them all but do get the occasional boisterous pet who chases after me. I take it as a compliment on my gazelle like running style 😉

Dave7

Legendary Member
Back again after another crappy week. Unfortunately Dad passed on Tuesday morning, but at least he's not in pain any longer. Mum still in hospital and it looks like she will need 24 hour care so will probably end up in a home. I've also been told that the cardiologist has decided I need for monitoring and will need a 24 hour ECG.
Not a good week for you. Unpleasant all round. Hope things level out for you ASAP.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Woke up feeling rough. Shaky and sweating plus a headache.
I assume/hope it's just a cold which I must have caught off that Drago person.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have risen!

I'm pleased to hear you're OK Mo. As a responsible dog owner who went to great effort to choose a suitable breed and then train him carefully from a puppy onwards that sort of thing boils my pith.

Make sure you report it to McDibble.

I thought about it but what’s the point. I don’t know the guy and was so shocked I doubt I could even describe him. I would know the dogs again though I think.

Hill walk done. It’s overcast and cool here so I got warm on the way up but you soon cool down again on the way down.

Toast and boiled eggs this morning for a change.

Top Bottom