The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
She didn't get you tied up in knots tonight.

Yes, but I managed to escape. I must admit that after a six-month layoff, I have only been back doing a nightly yoga session for around three weeks. I am already feeling huge benefits, though.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Walking to the local shops this morning I spied a window cleaner doing the rounds.
Aha, that's a job that needs doing, got the pole and attachments and did the rear outside, then front outside downstairs, then a visitor for my wife appeared so i stopped short, will finish them tomorrow

How much to have your windows cleaned now I wonder ?

Lovely having the time to do stuff while you're not actually cream crackered from work.

Picked little un up from pre school at lunch, walked her to the park for half an hour.

Met a (now former) colleague from work, had a nice natter for 20 minutes.

I spent so long thinking I'd dread retirement, I'm not good at motivating myself...for myself if that makes sense. Its really quite enjoyable at the moment.

Take a little break for a couple of months and THEN make a plan , I didn't do that and regret it now. I did a fair lot since I retired but it was haphazard and impulsive at times . At the end of each year I would say to myself " jeez make a plan , get a diary and use it " I have a drawer of diaries with 10 or1 2 entries per year then blank pages. The only thing I did really well plan wise was to keep fit, keep covering big miles on bike and runs etc . Time is the big enemy , it runs a hellava lot faster than you think

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
It's a grey start to the day here. Rain is forecast for much of the day.
Domestics to be done today after Millie has been walked for the first time, I'll set the turbo up and do an hour on that this afternoon as MrsP is out for lunch with her ladies.

screenman

Legendary Member
I still have no plans for today, despite staying in bed for another half an hour trying to make my mind up.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I would love to see that . I am very envious of you , am always on the watchout for raptors. I have a little holiday home in the SE with a big garden and long tall hedges and sometimes see common buzzard way up in the distance. A sparrowhawk landed in the garden once for a second and flew away as soon as I slid open the door to the patio.

By coincidence there were 3 Buzzards circling above my garden yesterday. They used to be regulars but not seen for months now...... then suddenly 3 of them.
Clear blue sky today so I will keep an eye open.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Walking to the local shops this morning I spied a window cleaner doing the rounds.
Aha, that's a job that needs doing, got the pole and attachments and did the rear outside, then front outside downstairs, then a visitor for my wife appeared so i stopped short, will finish them tomorrow

How much to have your windows cleaned now I wonder
My house is quite big as it has an extension built on.
My window cleaner does a good job and charges £12.00.......a good deal imo.
He does them every 4 weeks which suits me.

Top Bottom