The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I'll be in Woodhall Spa next weekend but swimming isn't on the agenda!

It could be busy on Sunday, Woodhall Road shut due to a triathlon.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Weather couldnt have been better today and had a treat on my ride home from Golspie- 2 white tailed eagles being mobbed by 5 kites! it was quite a raptor party. They came quite close overhead at one point and i said 'hello eagles' hee hee i spose its because its not something i get to say very often :laugh:

I would love to see that . I am very envious of you , am always on the watchout for raptors. I have a little holiday home in the SE with a big garden and long tall hedges and sometimes see common buzzard way up in the distance. A sparrowhawk landed in the garden once for a second and flew away as soon as I slid open the door to the patio.

screenman

Legendary Member
See you all later, or some of you, Adriene is calling me.

gbb

Squire
Walking to the local shops this morning I spied a window cleaner doing the rounds.
Aha, that's a job that needs doing, got the pole and attachments and did the rear outside, then front outside downstairs, then a visitor for my wife appeared so i stopped short, will finish them tomorrow

How much to have your windows cleaned now I wonder ?

Lovely having the time to do stuff while you're not actually cream crackered from work.

Picked little un up from pre school at lunch, walked her to the park for half an hour.

Met a (now former) colleague from work, had a nice natter for 20 minutes.

I spent so long thinking I'd dread retirement, I'm not good at motivating myself...for myself if that makes sense. Its really quite enjoyable at the moment.

screenman

Legendary Member
Walking to the local shops this morning I spied a window cleaner doing the rounds.
Aha, that's a job that needs doing, got the pole and attachments and did the rear outside, then front outside downstairs, then a visitor for my wife appeared so i stopped short, will finish them tomorrow

How much to have your windows cleaned now I wonder ?

Lovely having the time to do stuff while you're not actually cream crackered from work.

Picked little un up from pre school at lunch, walked her to the park for half an hour.

Met a (now former) colleague from work, had a nice natter for 20 minutes.

I spent so long thinking I'd dread retirement, I'm not good at motivating myself...for myself if that makes sense. Its really quite enjoyable at the moment.

I pay £7 for my upstair windows, 6 doubles, I like to do the downstairs myself every few weeks, it only takes me about 40 minutes as I am quite practiced at it.

Top Bottom