The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Yes, I tried with them on Saturday and it worked really well and offered a decent price. I decided I would check again on Sunday to make sure I hadn't missed anything, this time the website refused cover. I'm very impressed with this company as they ask far more detailed questions than any of the others, which is why I wanted to check my answers. In my view with serious medical stuff a few blanket questions doesn't cover it. Mrs P is perfectly fit and healthy, there's no chance the cancer is going to result in a claim, which is why close questioning is so important.

A thought. If you open a Nationwide FlexPlus account (£13/month, but, rising to £18 in November), you get “free” travel insurance and vehicle breakdown cover (plus a few other things). They sometimes charge an additional fee if there are notifiable conditions. Might be worth at least a browse of their website.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Tears are just showing you still love her, I hope neither of us has to go through this ever again; take care, pal.

Like many on here I can vividly recall the very first time I met her** (1966).
**Classic.... not when you met her ^_^
Yes, as you say, I still love her always will.
NB
I was tempted once recently when Welshie posed for me in her new bloomers but most people would be tempted by that vision

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Like many on here I can vividly recall the very first time I met her** (1966).
**Classic.... not when you met her ^_^
Yes, as you say, I still love her always will.
NB
I was tempted once recently when Welshie posed for me in her new bloomers but most people would be tempted by that vision

Tempted yes. Tempted to run in the opposite direction that is. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mikeIow

Guru
A thought. If you open a Nationwide FlexPlus account (£13/month, but, rising to £18 in November), you get “free” travel insurance and vehicle breakdown cover (plus a few other things). They sometimes charge an additional fee if there are notifiable conditions. Might be worth at least a browse of their website.

Just noticed they also cover people aged 70 & over.
I did a look the other day, but for us, the breakdown (including Europe) & insurance makes it still well worth even the £18 fee.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Pleasant riverside trail done. It’s warming up now and might get to 20 degrees later. Not bad for mid September.

What is this ironing you talk of? I am seriously thinking about taking my ironing board down to the skip as it hasn’t been used in years.

I am with you Mo. All my clothes are 'none iron'.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Grandson is now what they call an Associate teacher. Sounds grand, but it isn't. He has a year of training in Bangor and in a local school before he will then officially be a qualified teacher. He has a lot of studying to cram into this year. He's living back at home now, so I expect to see a lot of him (mainly when he wants feeding) In the coming months.

Top Bottom