The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Pleasant riverside trail done. It’s warming up now and might get to 20 degrees later. Not bad for mid September.

What is this ironing you talk of? I am seriously thinking about taking my ironing board down to the skip as it hasn’t been used in years.

Ditto.

Ours is in the attic. We have maybe half a dozen things between us that might one day need ironing.

Can't think of too many things that are more of a waste of life than ironing.

Drago

Legendary Member
Headache eased but still there. Feel queasy and jaded.

I'm comfortable looking like I robbed a scarecrow and slept in a ditch, but Mrs D needs to look sharp for work and Mini D tidy for school so I do the ironing.

screenman

Legendary Member
IMG_20240917_170235.jpg

Yes you can.

Well - I'm back

what do you mean you didn;t know I had gone!

ANyway - we spent 8 night son a small boat cruise - 11 people plus 3 crew on an small old ferry criusing around the Hebrides

The weather started off as Bloody Awful - then became OK for a day or so before it became horrendous for a day
but the skipper moved up around different lochs so we could see different parts fo the area and - keep safe.
In the end only 2 were seasick - much to the amusement of their wives - in spite of the boat moving up, down, left right and in several planes not normally available in this world - at times!

The last night - was spent in Lock Linnie - the weather was beautiful and this morning the loch was flat calm

Altogether it was a great holiday!!!

so - I'm back
have I missed anything??

screenman

Legendary Member
Well - I'm back

ANyway - we spent 8 night son a small boat cruise - 11 people plus 3 crew on an small old ferry criusing around the Hebrides

The weather started off as Bloody Awful - then became OK for a day or so before it became horrendous for a day
but the skipper moved up around different lochs so we could see different parts fo the area and - keep safe.
In the end only 2 were seasick - much to the amusement of their wives - in spite of the boat moving up, down, left right and in several planes not normally available in this world - at times!

The last night - was spent in Lock Linnie - the weather was beautiful and this morning the loch was flat calm

so - I'm back
have I missed anything??

You missed me proving you could iron Speedo's.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well - I'm back

so - I'm back
have I missed anything??
Well the weather turned.

Well - I'm back

so - I'm back
have I missed anything??

What did the drinks package cost?

Top Bottom