The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Back again, have you been up to anything in my absence?

classic33

Leg End Member
an injection and a few stitches for 1000 quid ? FFS ! I thought you were joking with the price . My vet ( I have 2 miniature poodles ) would do all that for 110 Euros or maybe even one hundred . The old lady poodle , who is 16 , got 4 teeth extracted at the back of her jaw for 260 Euro and that included return visit. We have extortionist vets in Ireland too , the bigger the premises and staff , the larger the prices
I've been treated by a local vet twice whilst on holiday in Ireland.
If the vet does agricultural work, their pricing on domestic animals tends to be lower

classic33

Leg End Member
Wouldn't you get better treatment from a doctor?
Quite possible, but the vet was on the farm at the time.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
I've been treated by a local vet twice whilst on holiday in Ireland.
If the vet does agricultural work, their pricing on domestic animals tends to be lower

Did the vet buy you a drink in a pub or maybe an ice cream ? generally GPs treat humans over here , but if you were suffering from Mad Cow Disease a vet would inject you quam celeriter

classic33

Leg End Member
Did the vet buy you a drink in a pub or maybe an ice cream ? generally GPs treat humans over here , but if you were suffering from Mad Cow Disease a vet would inject you quam celeriter
Cleaned and dressed the wounds.
If he'd have been able to treat me to an ice cream or a drink in a pub, I'd have been treated by a doctor. They were just after the nearest shop, but after the three nearest pubs.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I've been enjoying "Nightsleeper" on BBC 1. The Guardian reviewed it as "laughably abysmal" and I can see why the reviewer is so critical. It's kept me happily entertained for an hour and I haven't fallen asleep - always the mark of something I'm enjoying.

I've watched the first two episodes so far, and it's pretty bad, but like you I'm kind of hooked on it now. It is pretty far fetched, but the writer has a great imagination. I shall continue to watch.

Good morning all..
I have ordered a new fence panel and fence paint, to be delivered on Friday.
Guess what my job over the weekend is? The fence hasn't been done for some years, and nor has the shed. I've ordered 4 x 9 litre tubs of Ronseal fencelife plus which I think should be enough for the job. No @classic33 it does seem a lot for one new panel, but I have 15 panels plus the shed and back gate to do.
I'm taking Millie to the Vet this morning, routine blood tests to see how she is doing, which outwardly seems very well.
The grass will be cut later on, no doubt it won't be the last time this year.
Another busy day in paradise 😁

Top Bottom