The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
Good day. I've stuck my head out of the back door, yes, opened it first, and it is a beautiful autumnal morning. I'll be going to collect the small shortly and with the weather so good I've no doubt it will be a very busy day. Small one loves to be outside. I'm hoping Mrs P will take her swimming this morning. I've been awake far too long and need a nap.

School is back. I usually arrive back in the village with small person at 8.50/8.55 when the school run is at it's peak. Oh, I do love the ten minutes of chaos as the parents jockey for road position and parking spots. Me? I just casually breeze down the road very slowly, often to the annoyance of the person behind who is desperate to get little Johnny to school on time, there is no point in rushing. Hey, I live here! I'll go at my pace. I should stress very slowly is actually essential, the path is rammed with primary school children but that makes no difference to the parents in cars which is why I drive very slowly.

screenman

Legendary Member
I've watched the first two episodes so far, and it's pretty bad, but like you I'm kind of hooked on it now. It is pretty far fetched, but the writer has a great imagination. I shall continue to watch.

Good morning all..
I have ordered a new fence panel and fence paint, to be delivered on Friday.
Guess what my job over the weekend is? The fence hasn't been done for some years, and nor has the shed. I've ordered 4 x 9 litre tubs of Ronseal fencelife plus which I think should be enough for the job. No @classic33 it does seem a lot for one new panel, but I have 15 panels plus the shed and back gate to do.
I'm taking Millie to the Vet this morning, routine blood tests to see how she is doing, which outwardly seems very well.
The grass will be cut later on, no doubt it won't be the last time this year.
Another busy day in paradise 😁

One of my biggest regret is using that fence paint over creocote, the fence needs doing far more often. About 50 panels each time.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I could not do that, even my work clothes are ironed and that includes the one's worn under my overalls.

Please dont tell me you iron your undies

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Got to cut the lawns today and tidy up my greenhouse.
Hoping that some engine parts arrive today so that I can crack on with the D14/4 Bantam I'm sorting out for a guy in Minehead.
My cousin and his wife arrive tomorrow for a few days stay, so MrsD's going to be busy making the guest accommodation tidy.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello: Morning, did well last night for sleep
1726558292024.png

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well I think it's morning.
Sat up late last night (12.30) with daughter and SiL. Sounds simple but 1st time since Sue died.
Lots of tears and lots of whisky.
Feel better but fragile now.
Edit
We get on really well but I have found it difficult to really talk about 'things'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom