The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Back from the Spar.
Every timeI I go there I am reminded of why I get my main shopping from Aldi. It is soooo expensive.
I got my cheese but I also wanted some fresh chicken for a curry...... I did without as the difference is too great. I will go to Aldi tomorrow as its half the price and just as good.

classic33

Leg End Member
At St John The Evangelist we have under floor heating.Needs to be turned on Friday night so that it heats up in time for Saturday night's Vigil Mass.
A nearby church had underfloor heating* two hundred years ago. Then they put radiators in in between the wars.

*There's been talk of secret tunnels leading to various places nearby as well.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Early night last night as Mrs SD had a very iffy tummy. Something eaten is the likely culprit.

We are still in bed Kindling & coffee-ing.

Can see no reason to get up yet - heavy drizzle & very claggy. Visibility <150m.

Reading a very good book and this quote from the main protaganist rang true:

"(Character) was happy to allow the world to move on without him."

Sort of where we are in our little retirement bubble insulated from most of the nonsense that goes on 'out there'.

A good day to you all.

SpokeyDokey

Only one person from church wished me well............:sad:
and there was no heating on, except for the Priest he had fork handles :laugh:
Chicken Korma and garlic flat bread for lunch

Serious question: does your Faith waver at times like this, with all that you are going through?

Seems to me, as a non-believer, that you are not getting much help from any direction, including from 'above'. :sad:

No problem if you '... take the 5th'. :smile:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Serious question: does your Faith waver at times like this, with all that you are going through?

Seems to me, as a non-believer, that you are not getting much help from any direction, including from 'above'. :sad:

No problem if you '... take the 5th'. :smile:

Yeah, I sometimes wonder why me, why not some fat bugger that does sod all exercising and gets nothing wrong with them.
Why can't the Lord help all the people dying in hospital, some of them must be worth saving, what about young children who have not even had a life yet..........the list is endless
Sometimes I think that God had told us what to do, and we, or some of us turned our back on him, so he said "sod you all" and now he just sits back and watches on how we get on without his help, don't forget he must have killed thousands in the great flood and also in Sodom and Gomorrah if we are to believe the Bible, it would fit in with what is happening in the world today, but there again, take God out of it all together and you still end up with the world today.
Faith is all you have.....or have not as the case may be.

screenman

Legendary Member
Yeah, I sometimes wonder why me, why not some fat bugger that does sod all exercising and gets nothing wrong with them.
Why can't the Lord help all the people dying in hospital, some of them must be worth saving, what about young children who have not even had a life yet..........the list is endless
Sometimes I think that God had told us what to do, and we, or some of us turned our back on him, so he said "sod you all" and now he just sits back and watches on how we get on without his help, don't forget he must have killed thousands in the great flood and also in Sodom and Gomorrah if we are to believe the Bible, it would fit in with what is happening in the world today, but there again, take God out of it all together and you still end up with the world today.
Faith is all you have.....or have not as the case may be.

It does show what a lying bunch of no-good hypocrites go to your church; uncaring seems to sit comfortably with many churchgoers I know. How can people be so untrue to their chosen faith is beyond me, can you tell I was bought up by a woman who did so much for the church yet was happy to make Pam and myself homeless late one night with a two month old baby.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
It does show what a lying bunch of no-good hypocrites go to your church; uncaring seems to sit comfortably with many churchgoers I know. How can people be so untrue to their chosen faith is beyond me, can you tell I was bought up by a woman who did so much for the church yet was happy to make Pam and myself homeless late one night with a two month old baby.

I think many only go to be seen.
And some only go to get their kids into a good school, kids go up for Holy Communion, but the parents never do, after a while you never see the family again, yet thousands shout "this is a Christian country" most wouldn't know the meaning of the world.

screenman

Legendary Member
And some only go to get their kids into a good school, kids go up for Holy Communion, but the parents never do, after a while you never see the family again, yet thousands shout "this is a Christian country" most wouldn't know the meaning of the world.

It backs up what I wrote, and know then. My car dealer friends have been a nonstop support system for me. All have contacted me weekly, and many more often. Many have done something for me rather than just saying they will. It goes to show who has morals and principles. It certainly is not a lot of churchgoers. Notice I did not say all because, as in all walks of life, there are good and bad.

SpokeyDokey

Yes, the kid, school, church thing is real hypocrisy. A very good friend & his wife did it twice to get their offspring into a 'good' school.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. We took Molly to Angel Bay this morning and she was fine. Ever since we got back, she has not been well and looks miserable. I wonder if she has eaten something she shouldn't have there? I will keep an eye on her and see if she perks up later. She certainly isn't her usual self.

Top Bottom