The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Nice scenic part of the world.

Stayed in Dubrovnik in '87 when the country was Yugoslavia.

Nice lakes etc to the north if I remember rightly.

Strange contrast of peoples too. Tall, blond, blue-eyed and good looking guys and girls contrasting with small, squat, grizzled people who were not similarly blessed.

In 1987 we stayed in Bled, north of Ljubjiana, very picturesque. That region became Slovenia.

screenman

Legendary Member
Nice scenic part of the world.

Stayed in Dubrovnik in '87 when the country was Yugoslavia.

Nice lakes etc to the north if I remember rightly.

Strange contrast of peoples too. Tall, blond, blue-eyed and good looking guys and girls contrasting with small, squat, grizzled people who were not similarly blessed.

We were there around 1985, I think. It was a nice place. Most of the beaches had naturists on them, which my young boys found interesting at the time.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I think differently to you.

Not many people know how to make money.

And hanging on to it is not that difficult if your money is well managed - with the caveat that if you don't have much then you will struggle to manage at all.

Nischa is extremely financially-literate and way past smart - to become an investment banker, especially at a very young age, takes some serious doing.

Definitely worth watching some of her output - even if only to pass onto less money-savvy family members & friends.

Would agree with all of that, except, IMHO, the less money you have, the more important it is to manage it well. 😊

Drago

Legendary Member
While I was earning I shovelled it I to a medium risk fund managed by Zurich. It earns me money quicker than I can spend it (so the effect is compounded), not that I have expensive tastes.

Dibble and Injury pensions go straight in the savings, and every year I cream some off the top and that goes to Zurich, and the cycle accelerates.

I was never a fan of flash cars or foreign holidays in my younger days so I was able to build the fund well, and now that discipline and restraint is paying off in spades. Rather than rush out to buy a Ferrari (my new camper was a bit more restrained) I'm going to take advice about tax efficient methods of getting some to Daughter #3 and some jn trust for Daughter#4.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think differently to you.

Not many people know how to make money.

And hanging on to it is not that difficult if your money is well managed - with the caveat that if you don't have much then you will struggle to manage at all.

Nischa is extremely financially-literate and way past smart - to become an investment banker, especially at a very young age, takes some serious doing.

Definitely worth watching some of her output - even if only to pass onto less money-savvy family members & friends.
These polymer notes make it harder.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just had test results my hemoglobin level is still very low :sad:
I need more iron, Popeye come to mind.
And my WBC count is high too - woe woe and thrice woe.........
Any idea of the cause?

screenman

Legendary Member
I meant to post this in here the other day.

My 91 year old brother has just had his car serviced at a cost of around £500, comes out the same every year, his insurance with Saga is £980 a year, his mileage last year was 180 miles, all driven for him by his neighbour as he is not able to drive at the moment due to eyesight problems. Its a 2009 Mazda 3 worth maybe a couple of grand. The one person he never listens to for advice is his little business minded street wise brother. I could have saved him £1000

Top Bottom