The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Because I am about as good at swimming as I am at brick laying.

That is the one diy skill I have not mastered, I am better at laying eggs that I am bricks.

screenman

Legendary Member
Must have been hard scweaming and holding yer breath.

Sod it, I just tried that and it made me cough again.

screenman

Legendary Member
Recipe / procedure please. I do like a pan fried cheese toastie, yet to try air frying one.

Butter both sides of the bread, very lightly in my case place one slice in bottom of air fryer, place grated cheese, or sliced on top, then place the other slice of bread on top and press down. I cooked mine at 200c for 5 minutes then turned it over for another couple of minutes.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well what a day it has been. Molly was sitting next to me earlier, still feeling sorry for herself so I stroked her to calm her down. As I was doing so, I noticed the top of her left front leg was wet so I took a look. She has a bit cut there so she must have done it going through the bushes this morning. I took her right away to the vet and as it is Sunday, they use an agency so it cost me £367 for a couple of injections and to clean up the wound. They offered to stitch it for another £1000 but they were kind enough to say it could wait till tomorrow and be cheaper with the normal vet. So tomorrow it is as the injections will last for 24 hours ( pain killers and antibiotics ).
Of course, Molly is worth it. The only thing I regret is to not have renewed the insurance two weeks ago.

Top Bottom