The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member

Yes, looking back I'm getting between 4 and 5 hours per night so not too bad

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Windy but dry now and, as tempting as a little wander is, my little pinky toe on my left foot has been sore. Had another look earlier and gave it a squeeze and lots of watery stuff came out so must have been a blister where it has been rubbing. Now that it’s been drained and smeared with Savlon it’s feeling much better so I should really rest it.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Windy but dry now and, as tempting as a little wander is, my little pinky toe on my left foot has been sore. Had another look earlier and gave it a squeeze and lots of watery stuff came out so must have been a blister where it has been rubbing. Now that it’s been drained and smeared with Savlon it’s feeling much better so I should really rest it.

Nurse Mo. :laugh:

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
I have a Garmin Fenix 7 but not all that impressed with it. I don’t find the battery life anything like as good as advertised plus the screen isn’t nearly as easy to read as the Apple. The Apple Watch is down to 18% now after two whole days wearing 24/7, including sleeping plus a run and 4 walks using the GPS. I am more than happy with that. I’ll just stick it on charge shortly while I’m watching tv and it’ll be ready for tonight.

Good luck with it Mo , you deserve it with the big miles you " clock " up , think I'll crack open my piggy bank !

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good luck with it Mo , you deserve it with the big miles you " clock " up , think I'll crack open my piggy bank !

Seems to be very much a love or hate watch for some peeps, especially the diehard Garmin users. I’m certainly enjoying it and finding it much easier to see. The built in workout app is decent and can even be set up for intervals, etc plus there’s other apps you can download too. I’m trying one called Workoutdoors that I’m liking a lot as there’s loads of customisation.

When I stuck my pie in the oven at lunchtime I just raised my watch and said 25 minutes and it started a timer and alerted me when it was done. Trivial, but useful.

I’m totally committed to Apple anyway with my imac, iPad and phone and they all just work seamlessly together.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Two shirts and a pair of trousers bought this morning, I have gone form XL to a medium in shirts and a very tight 38 to a loose 34 this year in trousers, feeling good. Off to see the eldest now, 15 of us going out for dinner, wish me luck.

I’ve just ordered larger running tights :sad: I think I’ll need to try fasting again. Seems to be the only thing that works.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Anyone can make money it is hanging onto it that is harder.

I think differently to you.

Not many people know how to make money.

And hanging on to it is not that difficult if your money is well managed - with the caveat that if you don't have much then you will struggle to manage at all.

Nischa is extremely financially-literate and way past smart - to become an investment banker, especially at a very young age, takes some serious doing.

Definitely worth watching some of her output - even if only to pass onto less money-savvy family members & friends.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A couple of photos of the Dalmation coast
We are staying in Milini, just south of Dubrovnik. A wonderful coastline.
We took the water taxi into Cavtat, pronounced Savsat this afternoon.

20240914_154539.jpg

20240914_131337.jpg

20240914_132241.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
A couple of photos of the Dalmation coast
We are staying in Milini, just south of Dubrovnik. A wonderful coastline.
We took the water taxi into Cavtat, pronounced Savsat this afternoon.

View attachment 745384

View attachment 745381

View attachment 745383

Nice scenic part of the world.

Stayed in Dubrovnik in '87 when the country was Yugoslavia.

Nice lakes etc to the north if I remember rightly.

Strange contrast of peoples too. Tall, blond, blue-eyed and good looking guys and girls contrasting with small, squat, grizzled people who were not similarly blessed.

Top Bottom