The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
It’s supposed to be roughly double the life. I charged before bed and have been wearing it since tracking sleeping then using the GPS for an hour run and it’s sitting at 87%. I put off getting an Apple watch for years because of the battery life compared to the likes of Garmin, but I find you just get into a routine of sticking it on the charger maybe while you’re in the shower or having your tea, or whenever suits so it doesn’t actually bother me now.

I have s Garmin 6 Pro and its great battery life. Didn't you have one and gave it away to a friend or neighbour ? Must admit your Apple looks amazing on bright display , would be great for my old eyes also

PaulSB

Squire
BTW... I forgot to report on my new induction hob.
Anyone use one??
It's amazing really. It shows no sign of heating up then you put the pan on and Bingo!!
TBH I only did a fried egg but it worked well.
You are my hero. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

About eight years ago a friend rented a ten bedroom house for a week and invited friends to stay for a few days. This was to celebrate her 60th and retirement. A good time was had by all and we avoided starvation........................but only just. The kitchen was "equipped" (I use the term loosely) with an induction hob. After six mature and intelligent adults had read the instructions, pressed buttons etc. and failed to boil a single bloody egg between them our host's daughter rocked up. Her mother outlined the problem only to receive a withering look from her daughter who laid hands on the device and lo it began to heat up.

To this day I still regard induction hobs as the work of the devil........................

PaulSB

Squire
Ah, good, I hear you all say Paul has arrived. Better late than never. Good evening to you all. I had a really shite sleep and have now been awake since 2.00am though did manage a snooze around 4.00pm - I don't have a Bruce to help.

It's been a good day and all in all a good week. I'm discharged from all hospital stuff though OT is ongoing for my fingers. My physio is very pleased with the progress on my right knee/leg and 15 minutes wonderful manipulation has done a lot to free up my shoulder. I was in the gym with my PT this afternoon. Inevitably this involved weighing and measuring bits of me. I'm delighted to find my weight has only increased by 1kg since June 17th, 13 weeks with no exercise, muscle mass is virtually unchanged though body fat is up, that's the 1kg. Hydration levels are good, I'm usually around 55 and today was 53. I have a new PT programme to continue my rehab.

This is all good stuff and points to real progress on the injury front.......................and the icing on the cake. Merlin are currently offering my Kinesis frame at £500 below the value put on it by the insurers. Result!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have s Garmin 6 Pro and its great battery life. Didn't you have one and gave it away to a friend or neighbour ? Must admit your Apple looks amazing on bright display , would be great for my old eyes also

I have a Garmin Fenix 7 but not all that impressed with it. I don’t find the battery life anything like as good as advertised plus the screen isn’t nearly as easy to read as the Apple. The Apple Watch is down to 18% now after two whole days wearing 24/7, including sleeping plus a run and 4 walks using the GPS. I am more than happy with that. I’ll just stick it on charge shortly while I’m watching tv and it’ll be ready for tonight.

postman

Squire
@Dave7 you mentioned a travel insurance company who covered you while you had cancer. Can you remind me of the name? I'm struggling to get cover for Mrs P.
I will also ask Mrs P who covered me.I got Angioimunnoblastic t cell lymphoma.I remember Mrs P saying they only asked a couple of questions about me ,she had to jump through hoops with her diabetes.I will let you know.

screenman

Legendary Member
I popped over to Nottingham to see some of the staff at the hospital, on the way back I stopped at Boundary Mill in Grantham a large outlet shop, a bit upmarket but hey ho, anyway despite trying on several jackets, shirts and jumpers I did not buy anything, which is starting to get a bit worrying as my clothes are currently all size or two on the large size. I did try a nice Barbour jacket on at £350. I am glad the arms were too tight; fitted great on the body, but even with no sleeves on, it was cutting the circulation to my hands.

Back home now feeling lonely and wondering what to do for dinner.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I popped over to Nottingham to see some of the staff at the hospital, on the way back I stopped at Boundary Mill in Grantham a large outlet shop, a bit upmarket but hey ho, anyway despite trying on several jackets, shirts and jumpers I did not buy anything, which is starting to get a bit worrying as my clothes are currently all size or two on the large size. I did try a nice Barbour jacket on at £350. I am glad the arms were too tight; fitted great on the body, but even with no sleeves on, it was cutting the circulation to my hands.

Back home now feeling lonely and wondering what to do for dinner.

The company isn’t up to much here either :laugh:

IMG_0334.jpeg

Drago

Legendary Member
I have a Garmin Fenix 7 but not all that impressed with it. I don’t find the battery life anything like as good as advertised plus the screen isn’t nearly as easy to read as the Apple. The Apple Watch is down to 18% now after two whole days wearing 24/7, including sleeping plus a run and 4 walks using the GPS. I am more than happy with that. I’ll just stick it on charge shortly while I’m watching tv and it’ll be ready for tonight.

I have a Feix 7 and get 12-14 days from it...when I use it.

Top Bottom