The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
It’s supposed to be roughly double the life. I charged before bed and have been wearing it since tracking sleeping then using the GPS for an hour run and it’s sitting at 87%. I put off getting an Apple watch for years because of the battery life compared to the likes of Garmin, but I find you just get into a routine of sticking it on the charger maybe while you’re in the shower or having your tea, or whenever suits so it doesn’t actually bother me now.

Yes, for the most part, I would agree, I have my routine, and fit in a charge daily. It is mainly the odd days if travelling etc, when routine gets disrupted, which cause a problem, but, generally, it is no big deal.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Afternoon all . I am just resting up after my hospital visits yesterday.
My consultant had arranged by mri scan and colonoscopy to be done on the same day so it didn’t mess up two day. So imagine my joy when I get to hospital at 8 am only to told I cannot have the mri as I’ve taken the pre meds ( # rear end explosion lol ) for the colonoscopy.
So later on off I go to another hospital for the colonoscopy.
Up side of this is they found evidence of diverticulitis in a small part of my colon which could be the reason for my symptoms.
The down side of was this was the diverticulitis makes the colon stiffer so it made colonoscopy painful even will the pain killers .
But hay ho it’s done now and my mri has been rearranged for the 27th of September so all is well with the world .
And I tell you what you really enjoy your first meal after not being able to have anything to eat for two days. 😀😀

Afternoon all . I am just resting up after my hospital visits yesterday.
My consultant had arranged by mri scan and colonoscopy to be done on the same day so it didn’t mess up two day. So imagine my joy when I get to hospital at 8 am only to told I cannot have the mri as I’ve taken the pre meds ( # rear end explosion lol ) for the colonoscopy.
So later on off I go to another hospital for the colonoscopy.
Up side of this is they found evidence of diverticulitis in a small part of my colon which could be the reason for my symptoms.
The down side of was this was the diverticulitis makes the colon stiffer so it made colonoscopy painful even will the pain killers .
But hay ho it’s done now and my mri has been rearranged for the 27th of September so all is well with the world .
And I tell you what you really enjoy your first meal after not being able to have anything to eat for two days. 😀😀

I hope you don't suffer to badly with the diverticulitis. I'm afraid I do and unfortunately it's getting worse. I'm off again to see a different consultant next month. I really hope he can find something to sort me out. It spoils my life a lot of the time.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
You're still going up on the roof? At our age? I'm not allowed up a ladder without supervision. Mrs P insists I take my phone to the allotment "just in case." - we're talking 100 metres from the front door.

🤣

I'm quite comfy on roofs, and with heights in general, having climbed/scrambled in the mountains for most of my life.

Mrs SD only lets me get on the roof when she is at home, though. Do all wives get bossier as they get older? :laugh:

I am still allowed out on mountain forays on my own but I suppose I will get orders not to go solo at some stage. 🤣

If I ever start feeling uncomfortable, or fail any balance tests that I do fairly regularly, I'll be calling it a day myself, straight away.

PaulSB

Squire
I'm quite comfy on roofs, and with heights in general, having climbed/scrambled in the mountains for most of my life.

Mrs SD only lets me get on the roof when she is at home, though. Do all wives get bossier as they get older? :laugh:

I am still allowed out on mountain forays on my own but I suppose I will get orders not to go solo at some stage. 🤣

If I ever start feeling uncomfortable, or fail any balance tests that I do fairly regularly, I'll be calling it a day myself, straight away.
Mrs P called time on my solo touring several years ago. A big disappointment but something I felt best to accept without a murmur.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

The key questions are does Mrs SD:

- double check she knows your PIN?
- keep the insurance policy handy?

In my experience, on the bossy question the answer is a resounding YES!

😊

screenman

Legendary Member
Pam used to hold the ladder for me for a minute or two, then she would forget what she was doing and wonder off, on purpose I think.

Did I ever tell you about the time I was changing a light fitting in a bedroom, and I asked her to go downstairs and turn the electricity off, anyway a few minutes later she reappeared with a nice Dry Martini and lemonade ( it was the early eighties) anyway after sitting and chatting over the drinks for a few minutes I got back up the steps, shoved the screwdriver in the connector and got a hefty shock. She had forgotten what she went downstairs for and decided when she got there that it must have been a drink.

screenman

Legendary Member
Another one, it was about 11am and I had been to two different garages working on dents for them, as I walked past a showroom window I noticed something hanging off a bit of velcro on the collar of the overalls I had put on before leaving home that morning, on closure inspection, well not that close as they were obvious to everyone apart from me was a pair of Pam's lace knickers, and not one person had told me. Talking to them later, many had noticed but decided to keep quiet for a laugh. This actually happened again a few months later; again, I did not notice until mid-morning.

I have so many true stories like this I could write a book.

Tenkaykev

Guru
It’s supposed to be roughly double the life. I charged before bed and have been wearing it since tracking sleeping then using the GPS for an hour run and it’s sitting at 87%. I put off getting an Apple watch for years because of the battery life compared to the likes of Garmin, but I find you just get into a routine of sticking it on the charger maybe while you’re in the shower or having your tea, or whenever suits so it doesn’t actually bother me now.

I really like the look of the Apple watch X in black. 😎
The earpods Pro 2 with hearing aid mode are impressive too.

postman

Squire
This big boat is now leaving Ketchikan it is13-00 Thursday 12th.I am not moaning to myself as much now.It's just not been my type of holiday.Last night we are in the most amazing ship restaurant it was without doubt the most fashionable place I have ever eaten in.It was a sort of free nights dining part of the drinks package.But I will never cruise again,give me a long country lane two wheels and a cafe or a private bungalow and it's own pool like a jet2 holiday.in Calan Bosch menorca.So now we head back to land and Saturdays return.

Top Bottom