The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Off to the dentist for 10:20 and then on to meet our mates in Wetherspoons for lunch. Was my best mates birthday yesterday, so I'll give him his pressie when I see him.
Got a chap bringing a 1969 BSA Bantam around this evening that he wants me to have a look at, because he can't get it to run. I offered to sort it for him after he put out an appeal on a local FB group. Young chap who hasn't a clue; seems to be a lot of those around!
I am in that 'not a clue' club :wacko:

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. The sky is clear, the sun is shining. It feels a little chilly though. I am feeling very motivated. I've no plans so will get on with chores; house needs cleaning, some bits of admin need attention and then up to the allotment. We have an incredibly dilapidated shed on the allotment. The original owner built it as a pig sty, I've used it as a woodstore, place to keep things we don't really need to keep etc. We're buying a new shed so the old one needs emptying, decisions made on what to junk and then I have to demolish it. Hopefully I'll get a start on the emptying later today.

Time to crack on.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I had a delivery earlier. New Apple Watch Ultra 2. Well, actually an Apple refurb and saved about £120. Their refurbs just look like new anyway. My Apple Watch 7 was getting a bit tired, plus I fancied the larger screen for my deteriorating eyesight. Think I’ve got it set up the way I like it and had another walk using it.

I am still on the Apple Watch 7. I notice there is a new iPhone (16) and Apple Watch (10) about to be launched, It would be interesting to know if the Ultra2 has a better battery life than the 7. I find I have to charge it every day.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I am still on the Apple Watch 7. I notice there is a new iPhone (16) and Apple Watch (10) about to be launched, It would be interesting to know if the Ultra2 has a better battery life than the 7. I find I have to charge it every day.

It’s supposed to be roughly double the life. I charged before bed and have been wearing it since tracking sleeping then using the GPS for an hour run and it’s sitting at 87%. I put off getting an Apple watch for years because of the battery life compared to the likes of Garmin, but I find you just get into a routine of sticking it on the charger maybe while you’re in the shower or having your tea, or whenever suits so it doesn’t actually bother me now.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello: Morning, not much happening here

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Salut. We just had a heavy shower and now the sun is out so I will take Molly out before the next shower comes. Oops, it is here already and the sun has gone back to hide behind the clouds. Sorry Molly, later maybe.
Anyway, Mrs G wants to have a look at the price of sofa beds in Llandudno this morning for our spare living room for when we have visitors. The room is not ready yet, still have decorating to do and have a carpet put down so we are just investigating really.
It looks like it is going to be showers all day, looking at the sky.
Make the most of your day every one.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Not been on for a bit after a few iffy days. My 94 year old father has just been released from hospital but had been diagnosed with severe kidney problems. Following concerns on Tuesday, we called an ambulance and after examinations and consults with various doctors, he has now been diagnosed as terminal, so it's now just a case of keeping him as comfortable and pain free as possible. In addition, I'm waiting for a referral for my mother who seems to be in the early stages as dementia of some form. So all in all, not a great week.
Can't see me getting any cycling in for the foreseeable future.

PaulSB

Squire
Lovely day here.

Going to re-render some loose bits on some steps. Fit a new chimney cowl. And cut the lawns.

Not been up long as we had a very late night even by our standards.

A good day to everyone.

You're still going up on the roof? At our age? I'm not allowed up a ladder without supervision. Mrs P insists I take my phone to the allotment "just in case." - we're talking 100 metres from the front door.

🤣

Top Bottom