The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I had a delivery earlier. New Apple Watch Ultra 2. Well, actually an Apple refurb and saved about £120. Their refurbs just look like new anyway. My Apple Watch 7 was getting a bit tired, plus I fancied the larger screen for my deteriorating eyesight. Think I’ve got it set up the way I like it and had another walk using it.

Come on. Let's see it on your wrist! :smile:

I'm not into the Apple ecosytem but their products sure look nice.

PaulSB

Squire
Seemingly: unlike many members of this little corner of the CC parish. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've never read so much food talk in my life.

Is food-focus synonymous with retirement I wonder?

Gets coat etc...

Have a lovely day all!
I know. It's terrible. All this food talk, it's enough to put one off one's tea.

Lunch at Northcote today. To start scorched mackerel with Jersey Royal salad, gooseberry puree, buttermilk and dill. For mains I succumbed to beef fillet with triple cooked chips, blue cheese ice salad onion tartlet and pink peppercorn sauce. Dessert was hung raspberry yoghurt, meringue, raspberries and raspberry puree.

I had the wine flight.

Not bad for a single Michelin star.

PS. This was a Christmas 2023 gift from #3 son. It was a huge lift that we both loved.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I know. It's terrible. All this food talk, it's enough to put one off one's tea.

Lunch at Northcote today. To start scorched mackerel with Jersey Royal salad, gooseberry puree, buttermilk and dill. For mains I succumbed to beef fillet with triple cooked chips, blue cheese ice salad onion tartlet and pink peppercorn sauce. Dessert was hung raspberry yoghurt, meringue, raspberries and raspberry puree.

I had the wine flight.

Not bad for a single Michelin star.

PS. This was a Christmas 2023 gift from #3 son. It was a huge lift that we both loved.

Nice gift!

And a well deserved 'lift' too.

Gunk

Guru
I had a delivery earlier. New Apple Watch Ultra 2. Well, actually an Apple refurb and saved about £120. Their refurbs just look like new anyway. My Apple Watch 7 was getting a bit tired, plus I fancied the larger screen for my deteriorating eyesight. Think I’ve got it set up the way I like it and had another walk using it.

I am still on the Gen 2 Apple Watch, the Hermes version, Mrs Gunk bought for me as a present about 8 years ago.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Come on. Let's see it on your wrist! :smile:

I'm not into the Apple ecosytem but their products sure look nice.

It’s huge on my wrist but I don’t care. At least I can see it :laugh:

IMG_1145.jpeg

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9

I detest poncey descriptions on menus!
'Scorched' mackerel, 'ice' salad, 'hung' raspberry.
What the Hell is all that about?
Went somewhere the other day and they had 'pan seared' red snapper on the menu. I think they meant 'fried'.

Tenkaykev

Guru
It'll probably scamper off.
They don't bother me or MrsD in the slightest.

I was strap hanging on the Metro to the finish of the GNR on Sunday. There were two spiders making their way independently along the rail the strap was attached to. It was almost hypnotic watching them approach my strap from opposite directions. One walked down my strap across my knuckles and back up the other side 🕷️🕷️🕷️

Top Bottom