The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Postman is in a Cafe on a cruise ship off the coast of Alaska.This is the first cruise ever.it is also the last,this is crap.I am bored out of my head.Begin ripped off at every opportunity tax for this gratuity for that and don't ask about the ship company's attitude to a drinks and internet package.The only passenger missing is Dick Turpin.What a cooking error coming on this holiday,don't tell Mrs P she is loving it.

I can't think of anything more horrendous, holiday-wise, than a cruise.

Mrs SD could not be dragged onboard by wild horses.

Purgatory!

You have my sympathies.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Seemingly: unlike many members of this little corner of the CC parish. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've never read so much food talk in my life.

Is food-focus synonymous with retirement I wonder?

Gets coat etc...

Have a lovely day all!

I am with you on that...... It sickens me to read those 'foody' comments.
BTW I have just had a pancake with sugar and lemon.
Later I will have cheese (blue and Brei) with crackers AND fresh strawberries.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We had sausage and mash. My brother had to have a tooth out this morning and a false one fitted. That was £250 he spent.

He said the Hail is so bad there that its actually trying to snow

We have rain and sunshine

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Postman is in a Cafe on a cruise ship off the coast of Alaska.This is the first cruise ever.it is also the last,this is crap.I am bored out of my head.Begin ripped off at every opportunity tax for this gratuity for that and don't ask about the ship company's attitude to a drinks and internet package.The only passenger missing is Dick Turpin.What a cooking error coming on this holiday,don't tell Mrs P she is loving it.

Lots of my friends have been on cruises and love them. The nearest we have done is Dover - Dunkirk ferry, Newcastle - Amsterdam ferry and Plymouth - Santander ferry. Hated every boring minute, they were a means to an end. As for an actual cruise, to me, it seems like the equivalent of being in a floating workingmen’s Club. Purgatory.

Top Bottom