The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A cold and wet one today.
It is a day for pan shopping :smile: go on, admit you are jealous.
Never been on a cruise. Our nearest to it was a disaster.
Imagine, overnight Rotterdam to Hull when at 02.30 we were woken and sent to our 'muster stations' as the ship was on fire!!!!**
So....... Pitch black, middle of the sea and there we were with life jackets on.
For some reason Sue never fancied a cruise after that.
**it took a hour to get it under control.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Chilly but pleasant walk done.

Talking of cruises it would be my worst nightmare of a holiday I think. However, an ex colleague came into some money and went a massive cruise last year. 90 days if I remember correctly and she’s doing another soon. She’s very gregarious though and seems to make friends as she goes along.

A friend of mind was of the 'no chance' camp. Eventually his wife persuaded him to try one.
Last week he was on his 2nd, this one around Croatia.

PaulSB

Squire
........and still the rain pours down.

I'm a bit peeved. I have been prevaricating - good word, describes me to a T. I digress. I have used various excuses for not buying a new helmet. This morning I pressed the "checkout now" button, used two different devices, three different cards and PayPal. All rejected by Merlin. Geez.

Now I have to ring them and go through the whole rigmarole again. 😡 If Merlin were located anywhere other than Chorley, next door to the Aldi I'm going to shop at and opposite the Tesco where I can get cheap petrol I wouldn't bother. I save a fiver by collecting and get it tomorrow when I'll be within 100 yards of the place.

Peeved!!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
And it's raining again. I think this is what we can expect for the day, so I have made an executive decision and have started a fire ( not just a random one, but in the wood burner )

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks :okay: another rest day for me..i learnt my lesson the other week after overdoing it. Most of my rides are around 50 miles over hilly terrain so getting stronger :okay: on a hill tuther day i found myself grinning because i realised it wasnt hard anymore! my breathing wasnt laboured and could've comfortably held a conversation whilst spinning away! Going to keep pushing the boundaries but allowing for recovery. :okay:
A few have mentioned the scarcity of butterflies this year and now im wondering where are the spiders as havent seen any. I dont like having to catch and release the ****ers but its worrying that they seem absent.

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning folks :okay: another rest day for me..i learnt my lesson the other week after overdoing it. Most of my rides are around 50 miles over hilly terrain so getting stronger :okay: on a hill tuther day i found myself grinning because i realised it wasnt hard anymore! my breathing wasnt laboured and could've comfortably held a conversation whilst spinning away! Going to keep pushing the boundaries but allowing for recovery. :okay:
A few have mentioned the scarcity of butterflies this year and now im wondering where are the spiders as havent seen any. I dont like having to catch and release the ****ers but its worrying that they seem absent.

They are all spinning webs in my garden, the fences are covered in webs.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

All the spiders are in my bathroom and the pantry.

Top Bottom