The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Our ride on mower needs quite lot of work done on it over the winter. It's 17 years old now, but to buy a new one like it well I could buy a car for the same price, so repair it is.

Get a goat.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I have been wondering. What is an SID?

I am so pleased you asked, Paul ;)

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Another question. Possibly the mists are clearing. Does a claims handler work for the insurance company? I imagined this would be the person I speak to when I ring my insurer with a claim. Surely they want this to be as low as possible?

Or have I got the wrong end of a very sticky stick?

Claims handlers do work for the insurance company. They handle all the claims for accidents that happen to the person who is insured with them. They can't try to make the cost of repair as low as possible.

classic33

Leg End Member
Claims handlers do work for the insurance company. They handle all the claims for accidents that happen to the person who is insured with them. They can't try to make the cost of repair as low as possible.
Quick follow up question.
Why not, as it'd be in their employers interest to pay out as little as possible, when the claim is made against their insured person.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Quick follow up question.
Why not, as it'd be in their employers interest to pay out as little as possible, when the claim is made against their insured person.

You can't do things on the cheap. The clients deserve to have their cars repaired to the same standard and conditon it was before the accident.

If you bought a washing machine and it broke down, you would want it repaired to the same standard it was when purchased. You wouldn't want it done the cheapest it can as often you get what you pay for.

Top Bottom