The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
Latest news, I have just done another Covid test, it still shows positive. How on earth can someone know when it is OK to go out again, the message about isolation is a total mix all over the net, with even different NHS sites giving different times.
How long have you had these test kits? I've known people using kits left over from the pandemic. Despite having covid they tested negative.

I wonder if using old kits can give inaccurate results for both positive and negative.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well I finally got to have my baked beans n sausage with waffles. Very nice they were too.
1st time I found my daughter had decided the waffles were too far out of date so binned them.
2nd time, I got everything ready only to find my daughter had done me a full cooked breakfast.
Today it all worked out.
Beans sausauge were Aldis own and very good/tasty.
Actually the waffles were Aldis own so a good cheap meal.

screenman

Legendary Member
Might be worth checking to see if you are eligible for free testing kits. I get a box of 5 from my local pharmacy free of charge.

Just looked, I do not qualify for them.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Do you remember when a woman hit my car last year at a crossroad ? Well, I had to find out the total cost of repair and car hire because my insurance is due to renewal soon. It came to £8844 in total, the repair alone was £7444 !! It was only a small dent after all so I am shocked it came to so much . The whole repair industry is just printing money I think and our insurance premiums reflect all that.
Anyway, I went on line and renewed my policy with the AA, £50 a year cheaper than my present insurer.

Drago

Legendary Member
Same for my Mini when someone drove into it while parked.

A repair costing barely £1000 (gebuine BMW bumler and repaint at a BMW dealer to maintain the bodywork warranty) turned into a near £5000 bill by the time the accident management company had screwed a hire car etc out of the while deal.

Of course, if the twits had fixed the car promptly in November instead of leaving it, I suspect deliberately, well into December and the Christmas period I wouldn't have needed a hire car at all.

Thieving leeches the lot of them.

Top Bottom