The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Misty but pleasant walk done out to do a loop round Loch Monzievaird.

Few pics from along the way. Not sure why there was one solo Belted Galloway calf in with the others cows. Maybe he had been orphaned and one of the cows who had lost her own calf reared him.

Few fungi popping through the grass as well.

View attachment 744445

View attachment 744446

View attachment 744447

View attachment 744448

View attachment 744449

View attachment 744450

View attachment 744451

View attachment 744452

View attachment 744453

V.nice!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Suffer from insomnia? The real secret to a good night's sleep could be a banana milkshake at bedtime, according to a new study
Must try this tonight only had 4hrs last night

classic33

Leg End Member
Sadly some work places have quite strict sickness policies now and some people don’t always have the option. I know our work was getting like that. They introduced some sort of formula which meant that sick days very quickly added up to verbal then written warnings and could even end up in sacking.

It’s a real pea souper here and I’m not sure if it’s to lift all day. The warm spell is breaking down and we are back to cooler weather from tomorrow.

Off out for a wander soon.
One place I worked insisted on being given 24 hours notice prior to being off sick. Fail to give it and it was a warning, that went on record.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all :hello:

Chucking it down here and forecast rain all day.

Got a result on my Montesa trials bike. It's now in a usable condition and pretty tidy. I've spent a total of less than £800 including purchase and the consensus on the Montesa forum is that it's worth around £2K. Now, where can I find another one? :giggle:

Sunday lunch at the Railway Inn today.
You want to try somewhere like this.
https://www.easyliveauction.com/cat...ver-300-vintage-and-classic-motorcycles-proj/

They have bikes at almost every auction.

PaulSB

Squire
@Mo1959 in your pics. The stairs to nowhere? Heaven?

PaulSB

Squire
@Dave7 sitting on my exercise bike sweating myself to nothing I was thinking of your covid. I agree you may have given it to Sue but not necessarily. I had covid three times and didn't pass it to Mrs P. She had it twice, like you once before we knew it existed. I didn't catch it from her.

Don't beat yourself up on this. It's a possibility, not a certainty.

Top Bottom