The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Still feeling rough with Covid today, this will be my fourth day locked away from humanity and I do not enjoy solitude at all.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I was sat at my computer and I heard a cracking noise outside in the woods, just had a look and a silver birch tree has come down into the garden
1725712653159.jpeg

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Have you got a lot burner?

Not in the flat

classic33

Leg End Member
Bright but very breezy sums up the rather clement weather today.

A bit of gym followed by a town stroll is on the cards. The mooted walk is partially for exercise and partially to collect Mrs SD's fancy watch that has been at the jewellers for a clean and repolish.

Not heard back from the recommended roofer re our proposed dry ridge - I get impatient/annoyed when people do not respond quickly. Daft really, as there could be any number if things that get in the way of a rapid response.

We have been watching Breeder on Netfilx starring (& produced by) Martin Freeman. And very amusing it is too. The bad language used is not a problem to us and is essential to his role as a man with anger management issues (no physical violence involved). The interplay between him, his wife, and two charming young children is fascinating to observe.

Party for two night tonight. Gin & a very posh bottle of Aussie Shiraz will be involved.

If I am not too knackered from the above, and if it is not too windy, a bike ride beckons tomorrow. Do two 'ifs' equal premeditated excuses for not 'getting out', I wonder?

Have a calm & relaxing day all.
No, not a chance!!

screenman

Legendary Member
I managed to get the lawns cut; that was not an easy job with this COVID thing going on; it is giving me a tough time. On that subject, if you knew you were still in the contagious stage would you just go about meeting people as usual?
I am the stay away until I am clear type, same as if I have a cold or worse when I have had real proper flu, not that I could have got out then anyway.

classic33

Leg End Member
I managed to get the lawns cut; that was not an easy job with this COVID thing going on; it is giving me a tough time. On that subject, if you knew you were still in the contagious stage would you just go about meeting people as usual?
I am the stay away until I am clear type, same as if I have a cold or worse when I have had real proper flu, not that I could have got out then anyway.
I'm the stay away from everyone type. At times its for my sanity as much as keeping others clear of me.

Top Bottom