The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Off to Old Trafford with my youngest for the Legends match

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

My neighbour's away on holiday in Turkey for two weeks and he's left his front door open. Mind you, he never locks it; I always walk in and give him a shout if I need to see him. I'll turn one of my cctv cameras to cover his frontage until he gets back. Can't see there being any problem - nothing happens here.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Might have mentioned this but my daughter takes after her Mum re food that is passed it's date. Doesn't bother me eg tin of beans or frozen stuff.... Get it down yer neck.
However, when they moved in we had to share the freezer and I was too ill to care.
So, last week I fancied waffles with beans and sausage. Problem...... waffles had been binned!!! Can't blame her as I recall telling her to do what she wanted.
So...... T'other day I bought frozen waffles.
Guess what I will be eating later :smile:.
Air fried waffles with a tin of beans n sausage. Double yummy.

classic33

Leg End Member
Says it all really...... Even the monkey wouldn't eat those bits.
But a monkey in the wild wouldn't be eating a banana, so they probably don't realise/know that they can be eaten. Same as the skin, they peel their bananas, discarding the skin.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all. Yesterday Welshie mentioned something that made me remember to put some washing out on the line. You would have thought she would have reminded me to bring it back in again. It has been raining during the night.
Nobody mentions bringing washing back in. They only seem to mention putting it out, in which case where does it all go?
Is it done as an offering/thank you for decent weather?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Bright but very breezy sums up the rather clement weather today.

A bit of gym followed by a town stroll is on the cards. The mooted walk is partially for exercise and partially to collect Mrs SD's fancy watch that has been at the jewellers for a clean and repolish.

Not heard back from the recommended roofer re our proposed dry ridge - I get impatient/annoyed when people do not respond quickly. Daft really, as there could be any number if things that get in the way of a rapid response.

We have been watching Breeder on Netfilx starring (& produced by) Martin Freeman. And very amusing it is too. The bad language used is not a problem to us and is essential to his role as a man with anger management issues (no physical violence involved). The interplay between him, his wife, and two charming young children is fascinating to observe.

Party for two night tonight. Gin & a very posh bottle of Aussie Shiraz will be involved.

If I am not too knackered from the above, and if it is not too windy, a bike ride beckons tomorrow. Do two 'ifs' equal premeditated excuses for not 'getting out', I wonder?

Have a calm & relaxing day all.

Top Bottom