The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Crikey it's hot here now. And my washing is on the line.

I think I’ll hide indoors this afternoon and watch the cycling. I don’t fancy going back out in the sun.

Chief Broom

Veteran
I got myself out for a bimble. Just 17 miles on the hybrid. Stupidly had a long sleeve jersey on and was melting even with the sleeves pushed up.

Not sure what today’s map looks like? A plough? :laugh:

View attachment 744144
An anvil or maybe a kangaroo ^_^
Seems to be a lot of e-bikes on my regular rides, they puzzle me a bit. A guy had a puncture so i stopped to see if he needed help. The bike appeared to be a road bike with skinny slick tyres the motor not immediately obvious, anyhow he said he can fix it. What didnt add up to me was why the sporty road bike appearance and why use such skinny tyres liable to punctures? Weight weenyism is a thing on e-bikes? or is posing as a racer is? Ah well whatever floats someones boat.
I had a young guy on an e-bike overtake me yesterday a bit too fast and close for comfort....youthful enthusiasm i spose but hardly an accomplishment:rolleyes:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Two chunky fish fingers and mushy peas, followed by apple pie and custard for lunch :smile:

I had a BBQ chicken sandwich out of the Co-op and a tin of pineapple from Aldi. Just bought one to try as I thought it might be tougher than the dearer stuff like Del Monte, etc but it is nice and juicy so I would buy it again.

screenman

Legendary Member
An anvil or maybe a kangaroo ^_^
Seems to be a lot of e-bikes on my regular rides, they puzzle me a bit. A guy had a puncture so i stopped to see if he needed help. The bike appeared to be a road bike with skinny slick tyres the motor not immediately obvious, anyhow he said he can fix it. What didnt add up to me was why the sporty road bike appearance and why use such skinny tyres liable to punctures? Weight weenyism is a thing on e-bikes? or is posing as a racer is? Ah well whatever floats someones boat.
I had a young guy on an e-bike overtake me yesterday a bit too fast and close for comfort....youthful enthusiasm i spose but hardly an accomplishment:rolleyes:

I know of an 81 year old still doing clubs runs, all be it on a eBike, from the distance it looks like racing bike only the button on the top tube and the larger rear hub is a giveaway, he only switches the power on for the hills or strong headwind, the rest of the time he is often above the cutoff point when moving. Without the bike he would have to stop doing the clubs runs he has been doing for around 70 years now.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good afternoon from a sunny Leeds where we are staying en route to Newcastle. The usual greetings yesterday when daughter arrived hope from work followed a few minutes later by " dad, the toilet cistern is playing up, any chance you could take a look?" A simple fix ( the push button extension that operates the valve had started to unwind itself ). Anyway, I walked to Screwix at Sheepscar for a few items so I can fix a few things that need sorting)
Potternewton Park parkrun in the morning, then train to Newcastle and a meal with friends in the evening.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It is Mrs G birthday today and we are going to a Brazilian restaurant in Chester called Rio for lunch. There are 4 of us and it is 45 miles away. The only problem is that it is quite warme today and we are going in my car. The a/c needs recharging so it doesn't work. I bet they will all moan that it is too hot in the car.

Chester - lovely!

Baton Rouge for an Indian is great too.

Have a great birthday bash!

Top Bottom