The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Not being funny, but for me that says everything you need to know about the church and so called Christians.

My church is very clicky, and if you ain't in the "click" your treated as an outsider, yet a few years ago I was the one person who got all the church prepared for Mass every Sunday (sacristan), they forget about that.

simongt

Guru
My church is very clicky, and if you ain't in the "click" your treated as an outsider, yet a few years ago I was the one person who got all the church prepared for Mass every Sunday (sacristan), they forget about that.
Which is one of the reasons, despite being raised a Roman Catholic, I packed up Christianity.

Drago

Legendary Member
Same here. I was brought up in an Irish Catholic family. I soon had enough of that when I was only 10.

Mrs D is Catholic and most of the priests she knew as a kid e eed up in prison for you know what.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Anyway - as I suspected today has gone all to pot

we had several things sorted out
a) pick up youngest grand kid who is - apparently - staying overnight
b) SWMBO has a nail appointment at 12:30 - finishing at 1:45
c) SWMBO has a hair appointment at 3:30 - finishing at 4:30-5

so plan was CLEAR that we would pick up the kid after the nail appointment - bring him back here and play then we would take his Gran to her hair appointment
come back here and he could have his tea - which takes time as he is the slowest eating child I have ever seen!
the pick him gran up

all seemed very OK to me with the single prolem that it required everything to go right as the grand kids and their parents live 30 minutes away
so slightest change and it would all go pear shaper

and guess what happened??

yup Kid's Mum ("son-in-law when they eventually get married" ) has gone shopping with her Mum and Sister and won;t be home until 2:30 - and then has to get his stuff ready for the overnight stay

so that won;t work

so now we have to work round picking him up later

someone

and guess who had to sort it all out and will have to do all the ferrying around??

Families are a lot of trouble
luckily I have zero contact with my family as most of them are dead - or dead to me anyway - or never existed like siblings and stuff!
so at least halfof the problem is not there

sigh

No disrespect to you intended.

But... I just could not put up with all that hassle in my life.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Welcome to the club, not one person from church in nearly six weeks has come round to see it I'm alive or dead, so much for community spirit

Their are friends who are aquaintances and friends who are real friends.

Older fella (86) lives nearby.

For a couple of decades he played golf every week as a 4-ball. 6 people involved in the group but any combo of 4 would play depending on who was available that week.

He had a nasty fall last year and can no longer play.

Apart from the initial fuss, from who he thought were friends, not one is now in touch with him.

V.sad.

Top Bottom