The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I found out first thing this morning that MrsP got cold in the middle of the night and put her side of the electric blanket on .😳
Because it's now September she thinks it's winter.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
As we are heading up to Scotland in a few days I thought I better log in and request that Mo turns the thermostat up a bit for the area

She is in charge isn;t she???

Afraid that after a nice weekend, it’s to turn cooler next week with the chance of showers. Sorry :laugh:

Had a wander round to the Co-op for a few things. They are still in the process of installing new chilled cabinets and juggling stuff around so it’s a bit confusing finding stuff.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Back from Aldi...... It really is a poor store considering it's size.
Seeded bread....... no, not had any for days.
Soya milk..... Not got any.
There are always some 'popular' items that they don't have in stock. Can't remember going there and getting everything I wanted.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am up, shaved and showered, now for a lay down on the sofa, not one person has contacted me to see how I am, despite many knowing that I am feeling rough, do they not know that I am will be writing my will soon.

I was just about to send you a nice message then realised you will almost certainly outlive me.
If you send me a wad of money I will happily send you my best wishes.
How is that ^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
I knew the first time I met you that you were a generous, caring person. Send your bank details along with your PIN number, and I will transfer some cash.

Crypto currency only here mate!!!

Back from Aldi...... It really is a poor store considering it's size.
Seeded bread....... no, not had any for days.
Soya milk..... Not got any.
There are always some 'popular' items that they don't have in stock. Can't remember going there and getting everything I wanted.

I did today - mostly because I have given up on it for most things and only wanted bread milk and frozen chips
Only actual reason for going there was the chips as we have had more luck with those than the ones from Tesco

Not tried M&S 'cos we ain;t posh
(well I am according to my wife's niece but in her terms anyone who doesn;t have a Scouse accent is posh!)

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I did today - mostly because I have given up on it for most things and only wanted bread milk and frozen chips
Only actual reason for going there was the chips as we have had more luck with those than the ones from Tesco

Not tried M&S 'cos we ain;t posh
(well I am according to my wife's niece but in her terms anyone who doesn;t have a Scouse accent is posh!)

My daughter goes to M&S. She raves about it. But for us to go there is a long trip just to get there, so a round trip of 96 miles so no thanks

Dave7

Legendary Member
My daughter goes to M&S. She raves about it. But for us to go there is a long trip just to get there, so a round trip of 96 miles so no thanks

Opposite for me and Aldi.
If I leave here at 0905 I am in the store by 0915. There is also blue badge parking near the door.
Really annoying when they regularly don't have popular items in stock though

Top Bottom