The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good evening. I am here and will catch up later. I mentioned Mrs P had a hospital follow up for her cancer on Monday. The prognosis is 3 - 6 months without treatment, 12 months with treatment. Her reaction to the previous chemo was dreadful. I don't know what choice she'll make.

2024 has been shite so far. It's extremely shite now. We're going on holiday in two weeks. Basically sticking two fingers firmly in the direction of the disease.

If I disappear at times you'll know why.
Wondered why you'd been quiet, but not wanting to bother you by asking. Now I know, I wish I didn't.

Take the holiday, get into some weather you can enjoy. Stick with the "twin fingered salute" as long as possible.
The pair of you!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Like you Dave I read it three or four times, I also burst into tears.

Tbh you were also on my mind when I replied.

Hello again

I have a dilemma and I need the thoughts some intelligent and experienced people

but they were all busy so I thought I'd try you lot

(sorry)

anyway - on another forumy type thing I have received a message from someone

clearly this person has read my posts and has realised that we are kindred spirits and share the same intellectual thoughts and ideas

and so she wants to make a deeper connection and open a channel so we may share deep, intelligent thoughts

Apparently she is called Grace William's (not a mis-type - strange name but sometimes traditions are different in different places??)
and she comes from Austin Texas

here is a snippet from her profile

grace.jpg

My wife seems to have suspicions that she is not genuine

any thoughts??

classic33

Leg End Member
Hello again

I have a dilemma and I need the thoughts some intelligent and experienced people

but they were all busy so I thought I'd try you lot

(sorry)

anyway - on another forumy type thing I have received a message from someone

clearly this person has read my posts and has realised that we are kindred spirits and share the same intellectual thoughts and ideas

and so she wants to make a deeper connection and open a channel so we may share deep, intelligent thoughts

Apparently she is called Grace William's (not a mis-type - strange name but sometimes traditions are different in different places??)
and she comes from Austin Texas

here is a snippet from her profile

View attachment 743946

My wife seems to have suspicions that she is not genuine

any thoughts??
Your wife is right to have a suspicious mind. She's not from The Lone Star State for starter's, let alone Austin.

The fact that she chose Texas, isn't by chance. All manned US space missions are from deep in the heart of Texas and the only Oxford University is “Oxford on Lubbock Avenue".

Is she related to Venus or Serena by any chance. It might explain why she's active in one space. As in she's not on this planet.

The name isn't as odd as you might think, and there's a similar named person from Welsh Wale's. "Grace Mary Williams was a Welsh composer, generally regarded as Wales's most notable female composer". See if she'll be willing to pen a short song for you. If she is being honest, she'd have no problem with a quick ditty.

In light of the above, I'd not be inclined to agree with the above bit of advice from Screenman.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Your wife is right to have a suspicious mind. She's not from The Lone Star State for starter's, let alone Austin.

The fact that she chose Texas, isn't by chance. All manned US space missions are from deep in the heart of Texas and the only Oxford University is “Oxford on Lubbock Avenue".

Is she related to Venus or Serena by any chance. It might explain why she's active in one space. As in she's not on this planet.

The name isn't as odd as you might think, and there's a similar named person from Welsh Wale's. "Grace Mary Williams was a Welsh composer, generally regarded as Wales's most notable female composer". See if she'll be willing to pen a short song for you. If she is being honest, she'd have no problem with a quick ditty.

In light of the above, I'd not be inclined to agree with the above bit of advice from Screenman.

There are some very odd people in Welsh Wales, we might even have one in this group.

screenman

Legendary Member
I think there are two, only one saying she's female though.

Two, I did not know that, let us hope they do not start breeding and take over the group.

Drago

Legendary Member
Good evening. I am here and will catch up later. I mentioned Mrs P had a hospital follow up for her cancer on Monday. The prognosis is 3 - 6 months without treatment, 12 months with treatment. Her reaction to the previous chemo was dreadful. I don't know what choice she'll make.

2024 has been shite so far. It's extremely shite now. We're going on holiday in two weeks. Basically sticking two fingers firmly in the direction of the disease.

I don't know what to say @PaulSB other than youre among friends here. Incontinent friends that talk bollocks and smell of cabbage, but friends nevertheless. Give Mrs P a hug from us.

Drago

Legendary Member
I would like to meet each and every one of you in person, just to say thanks for being there.

Once you've been around these parts long enough you get to know folk and feel their pain when their lives take a turn for the worse. I recently met up with The Doctor who'd had a sheet time of late. He still seemed a bit dazed but he had something on the horizon, a bit of hope for his future and it was nice to hear him talk about that.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously

Very sorry to hear this Paul , the holiday with your dear Lady wife will be very precious

screenman

Legendary Member
Once you've been around these parts long enough you get to know folk and feel their pain when their lives take a turn for the worse. I recently met up with The Doctor who'd had a sheet time of late. He still seemed a bit dazed but he had something on the horizon, a bit of hope for his future and it was nice to hear him talk about that.

Not sure when I joined, guessing about fifteen years ago. I have had a great couple of meet up's with Dave7, it is just the old fellow lives a long way from me, I think he does it on purpose.

Top Bottom