The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I'm not a big mash or potatoe in general eater, so for me sausage, egg and maybe a bit of bacon that has to be done today

gbb

Squire
Applied for my state pension Friday. I had intended working till 67 (my official pension was available at 66 but I feel fine and enjoy work) but my wife's medical circumstances dictate retiring is the right thing to do.
There will be no relaxing (insert headsmack emoji here), two grandkids keep you eternally busy.

Looking forward to getting into a new routine..

Dave7

Legendary Member
Applied for my state pension Friday. I had intended working till 67 (my official pension was available at 66 but I feel fine and enjoy work) but my wife's medical circumstances dictate retiring is the right thing to do.
There will be no relaxing (insert headsmack emoji here), two grandkids keep you eternally busy.

Looking forward to getting into a new routine..

How old are the grandkids?

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Morning folks :okay: looks like a nice day for a spin over to Loch Fleet sit on the bench and wee-oo at the widgeon :wacko: they call back as oystercatchers do if you whistle at them [not many people know that probably because theyre in secure institutions] :laugh:
Occasionally get a white tailed eagle arrive there and otters-always something to see. :okay:
View attachment 743823

View attachment 743824

View attachment 743825

View attachment 743826

Absolutely love the pic of a Peregrine eyeing up a Curlew(?)!
What's that Otter eating? Butterfish?

Chief Broom

Veteran
Absolutely love the pic of a Peregrine eyeing up a Curlew(?)!
What's that Otter eating? Butterfish?
Hi Poacher :okay: the Peregrine had a chase of some Redshanks but missed and perched on a rock, the Curlew is keeping a wary eye on it! The otter is munching an eel.
My thought for the day is ive never seen a road kill pine martin. Last time i rode to Loch Fleet on the A9 traffic passed in both directions but only when it was quiet did a pine martin decide to cross ahead of me, reckon theyre canny critters! ^_^
Think the otter below has got a butterfish in the Dornoch Firth :okay:
DSCF3723.JPG

Top Bottom