The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Squire
Locally made faggots, mash and peas for us tonight. :hungry:

While we don't mind the Brains maggots (an unfortunate connotation if you're trying to convince kids to eat them) we have just started eating them again after a decade or so hiatus.

Lovely taste, I wonder how much better locally made ones would be, hmmmmm ?

While we don't mind the Brains maggots (an unfortunate connotation if you're trying to convince kids to eat them)
I can remember, as a child, being sent to the butcher for some faggots. He said “I’ve only got Brains ones”. I said “no, thanks” because of that connotation - eat brains? 🤢. When I got home and told mum she said “those were the ones I wanted”

Had a good day in Kelso for the Tour of Britain, saw the start then wandered about the town for a bit, a very nice place. Had a sandwich in the sunshine then awaited the first passage of the race, at a sharp left hander 500m from the line. Enjoyed the spectacle then headed home in time to watch ITV4. Thought it showcased the Borders very well but what a shame the helicopter was stuck down south. Great ride from local rider Callum Thornley, from Peebles.

classic33

Leg End Member
Breakfast was at 02.30 been awake for a while, up again at 04:00 for tea and biccies and look at the news
tonight I will wear my garmin watch to see how much sleep I'm getting if any.
My money's on 67 minutes.
15 minutes deep sleep.

Top Bottom