The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
That poor pineapple.

I know, it did not know if it was coming or going, I have it sorted now.

I have spent all night mulling over your problem AND I have your solution.
1) tell your wife the bike will be for both of you.
2) tell her you NEED it for excercise
3) And while it's there she can use it to get some of the excess lard off her bum.
Believe me, she won't know how to thank you.
Let me know how it goes ^_^

If I try it

have you got a spare room??

classic33

Leg End Member
I have a tickly cough developing, if it turns into anything I will be extremely unhappy.
Try and get hold of some of this stuff. Eased the throat and the mouth when I'd a slight "cough"* earlier this year.
IMG_20240903_220435.jpg

*Taken to A&E after I'd tried to clear my throat from my mouth, leaving it sore.
Note I'm not a Dr., just passing on something that worked for me. Suggest you check before parting with yer cash.

It'd help if I included a picture of what I was on about.

Last edited:
Did my "helping with IT" thing the the library again this morning

yet again not one single person turned up wanting help

I have a phone call booked with the organiser tomorrow to talk about it - I will be asking her if there is somewhere else I can help
2 hours just sitting there can get boring - the 11 a.m. toddler singing group helps
but today I was the only person in the library after they left, apart from the 2 librarians!!

anyway - tomorrow was supposed to be a medical thing - scan for Aortic Aneurysm - but it has been cancelled
I will ring up tomorrow to sort it out as we will be away for a while after the weekend and Sod's Law says the letter will arrive for an appointment while we are still away

ALso have to sort out the TV stuff - the broadband and stuff switches to Virgin soon - exact date seems to not be written down so I need to sort that out as well

plus I need to sort out stuff for holiday - Scotland so no hot weather stuff needed - but need waterproofs instead!

busy few days overall!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
plus I need to sort out stuff for holiday - Scotland so no hot weather stuff needed - but need waterproofs instead!

….and thermals. 6 degrees at the moment.

A dry morning again but the chance of showers by afternoon. I managed to book a haircut for today but it’s at 4pm so I’m hoping I might just about be home to catch the final few miles of the Vuelta.

Top Bottom