The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Probably only about once per week as long as I can get out. I have always preferred outdoor exercise unless the weather is really bad or dangerous.

I think I might get on OK with zwift - but my wife doesn;t want some huge piece of kit sitting round doing nothing if I give up

and if I need to get it out and set it up first then I will never use it

Best bet would be to find a gym that has it and try it for a month or so
but gyms don't seem to have it - or similar
or at least they don;t mention it!!!

anyway - today so far - been ot Food Bank office and sorted out a few computer problems for them and chatted about new laptops
and a variety of people that they see at the Food Bank
apparently on person had just been chucked in prison for excessively aggressively behaviour at the Food Bank and several other places!
the manager - who is the only one who gets paid - had to give a statement and is worried that she might have to stand up as a witness in court!

apparently they also have a bloke who "Knows his right" and as they are a Government Organisation (they aren;t!) they HAVE to give him food
AND it HAS to be the food he wants

errr - it doesn;t work like that
and the government have nothing to do with it - other than creating the environment that they are needed (previous lot anyway)

And the heavens have opened again. And the mist has descended

Having seen a Fleetwood Mac band recently - when I heard that I was picturing you standing in the mist in the middle of a field to the sound of Rhiannon

Probably totally inaccurate in all sorts of ways - but I did live in Wales for about 10 years - and we did see some strange things in remote mountain areas!!!!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Having seen a Fleetwood Mac band recently - when I heard that I was picturing you standing in the mist in the middle of a field to the sound of Rhiannon

Probably totally inaccurate in all sorts of ways - but I did live in Wales for about 10 years - and we did see some strange things in remote mountain areas!!!!

I bet you did.😳

screenman

Legendary Member
Tonight's dinner after a busy day playing with dents and a 2k swim in the pool is my special warm chicken salad. One bowl of Lidl prepared ready-to-eat salad, bulked out with diced apple, chopped strawberries, olives, and chopped warm chicken, it is lovely and healthy.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Got up late yesterday and just about to knock it on the head today.

We are on different time clocks to most people.

G'night all.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all from a grey, rainy Barnet.
Uncle Ernie has been kind again this month. 4x £50, and 3 x £100 £500in total.😁
Sainsbury's are delivering the weekly goodies between 9 and 10, and then it looks like a domestics type of day.
I'll be watching the cycling this afternoon.
I have ordered some new polo shirts from M&S, they are being delivered to the local M&S food hall for collection today.
Recently I have been looking at my T shirts and polo shirts and some of them were well past their best, faded, frayed hems and necks so they have been consigned to the shed for bike cleaning rags. So 4 new ones ordered.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks :okay: looks like a nice day for a spin over to Loch Fleet sit on the bench and wee-oo at the widgeon :wacko: they call back as oystercatchers do if you whistle at them [not many people know that probably because theyre in secure institutions] :laugh:
Occasionally get a white tailed eagle arrive there and otters-always something to see. :okay:
DSCF4651.JPG

DSCF3821.JPG

DSCF5324.JPG

DSCF5686.JPG

Top Bottom