The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just got my results back from my CT Scan (that was quick) I have a serious low level anaemia and every thing is going back to normal.
From the start my blood tests showed a low level of iron, but the "two locum doctors" didn't take any notice and went to looking for more serious problems like bowel cancer, prostate cancer, lung damage, liver damage the list is endless.......
Yet is was plain to see from the first blood test, it was my niece who said “try iron tablets” which I did and now I'm improving all the time, but at a slow rate. When a doctor prescribe iron tablets it's on a high dose 300mg per tablet, I'm only taking the bare minimum, no doubt I'll get a text/phone call from the doctor nect week when she has seen the results.

Iron tablets work slowly - but if the level is increasing then that is good news!!

my levels have been low for well over a year - iron tablets don;t seem to make any difference - which is more worrying!

I am surprised that the GP didn;t put you on them as soon as they saw the low iron levels - it is an easy thing to do and normally works

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Thanks. I did. A very leisurely 33 miles in zones 1 and 2. Only a few seconds when it crept over on a little climb.

I’m not convinced there was a tail wind home though. :laugh:

Nice one!

Last night I got my bike ready to go this morning, but it is raining! So I cba to go now.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just got my results back from my CT Scan (that was quick) I have a serious low level anaemia and every thing is going back to normal.
From the start my blood tests showed a low level of iron, but the "two locum doctors" didn't take any notice and went to looking for more serious problems like bowel cancer, prostate cancer, lung damage, liver damage the list is endless.......
Yet is was plain to see from the first blood test, it was my niece who said “try iron tablets” which I did and now I'm improving all the time, but at a slow rate. When a doctor prescribe iron tablets it's on a high dose 300mg per tablet, I'm only taking the bare minimum, no doubt I'll get a text/phone call from the doctor nect week when she has seen the results.

Good News!

It's a shame you had to go through all that worry, though.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Houseworky stuff done. I've washed the shower curtain and it's drying over a door. And it's hanging over a door because it looks like the heavens are going to open. Spare curtain already up.

And we have acquired a mouse. No idea how it got in, but the trap has been set. Hopefully we will get the blighter. It will be better still if it buggers off outside.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Riverside trail done and a wander through the park as well. There was an orienteering thing going on. I gave up saying hi to them when I met them as they were a miserable bunch. Maybe they were just concentrating on their maps. :laugh:

Houseworky stuff done. I've washed the shower curtain and it's drying over a door. And it's hanging over a door because it looks like the heavens are going to open. Spare curtain already up.

And we have acquired a mouse. No idea how it got in, but the trap has been set. Hopefully we will get the blighter. It will be better still if it buggers off outside.

Better to catch it - then you know where it is!

If it just decides to bugger off of its own accord then you don;t know if it is hiding
or might have been on a scouting mission looking for a nice place to live when it gets colder outside.

I presume you know that if you don;t kill it then you have to release it a LONG way away or it will find its way back?

Top Bottom