The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm watching my parcel being delivered on a map from Yodel, but knowing my luck a few yards away he/see will shout "END OF SHIFT"
email later - your parcel could not be delivered...............
Well?

Just got home from Liverpool

Fleetwood Mac by Candlelight
basically a band of 5
with 4 singers - 3 male and 1 female

They were pretty good

Pity we didn;t manage to take the grand daughter as she thinks her Gran is embarrassing
This would have taken her feelings to a whole new level

and destroyed her view of the structure of the world as her Pops (me) was singing and dancing as well

What was I supposed to do when they are doing Rhiannon???

classic33

Leg End Member
Just got home from Liverpool

Fleetwood Mac by Candlelight
basically a band of 5
with 4 singers - 3 male and 1 female

They were pretty good

Pity we didn;t manage to take the grand daughter as she thinks her Gran is embarrassing
This would have taken her feelings to a whole new level

and destroyed her view of the structure of the world as her Pops (me) was singing and dancing as well

What was I supposed to do when they are doing Rhiannon???
Join in, what else!!

Join in, what else!!

and I did

I have zero sense of rhythm

couldn't carry a tune in a bucket

and can sing several note - all discord

my grand daughter would be terminally embarrassed

JUST WAIT UNTIL HER PARENT'S MARRIAGE NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!

My wife and I have a major aim in life and it involve embarrassing her
and her Dad

and might well involve wine and beer

Talking of accidents, disasters, etc I always remember I was travelling in to do a night shift when I heard about the Lockerbie bombing.

Thing about that which always occurs to me was when I was working for a big company that had a warehouse in Chepstow
w of us were working there for a week or so and it turned out that a few senior mangement type people were there as well

we felt obliged to meet up with them for dinner one evening

the most senior of them was "holding court" due to being "Level 4" - I was level 5 - my colleague was level 6 - but that sort of thing was not important in our area - knowledge and experience and ability trumped all

anyway - he (it was always going to be a bloke!) was talking
and the subject of Lockerbie came up

He commented that when he heard about it
then the first thing he thought was that there was a new store opening open North of that
and the lorries carrying the stock
MIGHT HAVE BEEN CAUGHT UP IN THE "PROBLEM"

and might not get there in time for the opening!!!!!!

Yea gods

the horror

a whole plane of people crashes on a large town full of people

BUT - teh new shop might not be able to open!!!

The horror!!!

and he REALLY thought that this would impress us with his clear dedication to the company

Funnily enough we were not able to have dinner with him the next few evenings - funny that

FFS - the guy really thought that that story would impress us

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Up extra early today. It’s still pitch dark so a leisurely browse with a big mug of decaf then I have plans to finally get out for a slow bimble. I charged up the lights so I have no excuse not to set off before it’s quite daylight.

Just going to take it nice and easy and try and keep the heart rate down and I’m hoping for a bit of a tailwind home.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Morning. Up extra early today. It’s still pitch dark so a leisurely browse with a big mug of decaf then I have plans to finally get out for a slow bimble. I charged up the lights so I have no excuse not to set off before it’s quite daylight.

Just going to take it nice and easy and try and keep the heart rate down and I’m hoping for a bit of a tailwind home.

Enjoy your bimble

Top Bottom