The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
A lovely day was had in littlehampton yesterday, although apart from the beaches, the town itself seems to be suffering like a lot of seaside places. The town centre had a lot of empty units, and it looked and seemed down at heel. Shame really.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Enjoy your bimble

Thanks. I did. A very leisurely 33 miles in zones 1 and 2. Only a few seconds when it crept over on a little climb.

I’m not convinced there was a tail wind home though. :laugh:

screenman

Legendary Member
Number one son and DIL are stuck in Amsterdam. Yesterday evening, they were travelling back from Provence with a flight from Marseille to Schiphol and then on to Humberside. The Humberside flight was cancelled, and they have been offered a flight to London City tomorrow or another flight to Humberside on Tuesday.

Number three son Flew from Marseille to Paris yesterday evening with a connecting flight to Manchester. The first flight was delayed, so the connection was not made. They spent the night in a hotel in Paris and are now booked to fly from Paris to Amsterdam and then onto Manchester this afternoon.

Both couples had spent the week with their number two son, who lives in Provence and got married on Thursday.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Just got my results back from my CT Scan (that was quick) I have a serious low level anaemia and every thing is going back to normal.
From the start my blood tests showed a low level of iron, but the "two locum doctors" didn't take any notice and went to looking for more serious problems like bowel cancer, prostate cancer, lung damage, liver damage the list is endless.......
Yet is was plain to see from the first blood test, it was my niece who said “try iron tablets” which I did and now I'm improving all the time, but at a slow rate. When a doctor prescribe iron tablets it's on a high dose 300mg per tablet, I'm only taking the bare minimum, no doubt I'll get a text/phone call from the doctor nect week when she has seen the results.

Good morning all, is today officially autumn then ? It’s cool and overcast here with a bit of an easterly breeze.

Caught up yesterday with Friday’s Short Course races at the MTB Worlds, both well worth a watch, good British (and Crieff) interest :smile: . Will make time in today’s viewing to catch the two full distance races.

Just got my results back from my CT Scan (that was quick) I have a serious low level anaemia and every thing is going back to normal.
From the start my blood tests showed a low level of iron, but the "two locum doctors" didn't take any notice and went to looking for more serious problems like bowel cancer, prostate cancer, lung damage, liver damage the list is endless.......
Yet is was plain to see from the first blood test, it was my niece who said “try iron tablets” which I did and now I'm improving all the time, but at a slow rate. When a doctor prescribe iron tablets it's on a high dose 300mg per tablet, I'm only taking the bare minimum, no doubt I'll get a text/phone call from the doctor nect week when she has seen the results.
Brilliant news, glad to hear !

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning all, is today officially autumn then ? It’s cool and overcast here with a bit of an easterly breeze.

Caught up yesterday with Friday’s Short Course races at the MTB Worlds, both well worth a watch, good British (and Crieff) interest :smile: . Will make time in today’s viewing to catch the two full distance races.

I just happened to leave Eurosport on after the Vuelta and that came on. Yes Charlie did pretty well coming in second.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Surprising just how much a shortage of such an obvious vitamin can affect you.
Must say, in hindsight it seems logical.
Stay well.

classic33

Leg End Member

Yes, and No to answer your question.

Top Bottom