The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I think this is the line that says it
In a Kenworth, pullin' logs

so - again I think - logs

That is cab over Pete.

We are experiencing very strong winds atm and last night when I took The Hound outside for a p15s which she did not perform I saw flashing orange lights down the end of our road. I came inside to clean my teeth and found the water was cut off. I assumed that the Water Company was on the job and that the water would be restored before morning. it was not. In the morning I walked down to the area where several trucks and men in hi vis were present standing around. There was a tree half blown over with all the foliage removed and the root ball had damaged the water main. I was told that they were waiting for the tree cutting team to return and cut it down to a stump before they could start digging down to the pipe

Finally two tree cutting teams arrived and presumably did a scissors paper rock to decide which one was going to do the job. The sound of chain saws has now ceased at 10.30AM so hopefully water will be restored soon.
There was also a woman in hi vis who appeared to be in charge.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Squire
Now then. I'm wide awake. Thankfully because I woke up very hot not because of aches and pains. I have a brew and have thrown the windows open. I hope to sleep soon.

I'm attending an IT workshop today for the u3a I'm involved with. I'm Treasurer and also help with low level IT.

This afternoon I'm collecting my Cervelo after a service and noise finding visit to the LBS. I plan to order a new helmet as well. I may go for a short ride at the weekend. 🤞🤞

Footie was dreadful last night. 😢😡

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. A very muggy night and still the same. It’ll be a slow saunter this morning.

Top Bottom