The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
I have been put on Oasis duty. #1 son has requested I try four 4 tickets July 12th Heaton Park. He and loads of his mates are doing the same.

I asked what if I want some? He laughed. 🤣

I won't be surprised if the Ticketmaster website crashes.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
MrsD...........DM crossword champ today! :ohmy:

Screenshot_20240827-190054-779.png

classic33

Leg End Member
Just rceived the results from my X-ray, they now think I have a chest infection, hence the CT scan next Friday :sad:
I think that X-rays are seen as "old hat" these days. With newer doctors placing less trust in them than the images from a CT/MRI scan.
That, or their training doesn't include X-rays as a proven imaging method. Even if they are digital these days, not film.

Nope, you have got me there, I have seen the film and listened to the song often, but I cannot remember what he was hauling.

Here are the lyrics
https://genius.com/Cw-mccall-convoy-lyrics

difficult to work out the details as I keep singing it and not looking at the words properly

Classic sing along song - well I say sing - shout while drinking mostly in my case

Just come back from the "Now 8" year old's birthday

Seems like we aced the present stakes
partly thanks to his elder sister who came present shopping with us

but he was delighted
then his "other gran" and his grand-Dad (I'm Pops) came along - and then the other aunt and her "fella" and their son

so I was a bit worried he would cope with the crowd but he was fine - autism didn;t kick in

I think he was getting a bit stressed by the end but then we all started to leave so I think he was OK
anyway - it was bed time soon

so it was a good evening for everyone!

we went for dinner after as it was late

the local Beefeater
mine was nice - Ribeye
wife - who is more fussy anyway -and cannot stand fat - ordered Fillet Steak because of the fat thing

chips had lots of black bits - they replaced them

then she started cutting in the fillet

and it was full of fatty bits - which should not happen with a fillet
must have been a scrag end of fillet of something

the staff were wonderful and didn;t charge us for it - the kitchen cooked it well enough

good meal spoilt by cheapskate marketing which the staff have to cope with

screenman

Legendary Member
Here are the lyrics
https://genius.com/Cw-mccall-convoy-lyrics

difficult to work out the details as I keep singing it and not looking at the words properly

Classic sing along song - well I say sing - shout while drinking mostly in my case

Nope I still cannot work out what he was hauling, nor can chat gpt which says he was and independant and it was never said what he was carrying, come on guys I am desperate for help on this one.

Top Bottom