The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Am I the only one who is already fed up with the hype over the reunion of Oasis? I know there are many fans who can't wait for the tickets to go on sale. I have already had an email from Ticketmaster saying that tickets go on sale Saturday.
Myself and a few mates have got a sweepstake going over the minimum price of a ticket for the Wembley gigs.
the range we have so far is £140-£200.

You're not rhe only one. As a Beatles man, complete with the tattoos to prove it, I believe O arse is are a bunch of talentless plagiarising wannabes who are blatantly bleeding their fans dry for the money with this.

classic33

Leg End Member
Am I the only one who is already fed up with the hype over the reunion of Oasis? I know there are many fans who can't wait for the tickets to go on sale. I have already had an email from Ticketmaster saying that tickets go on sale Saturday.
Myself and a few mates have got a sweepstake going over the minimum price of a ticket for the Wembley gigs.
Well you're limited to four tickets per household, you realise that?

They've not made it clear if it's per appearance or for the tour.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Got up to heavy rain 🌧 but it has now stopped. At long last! We had over 3 days solid of very heavy rain - quite a few local lanes are flooded by all account and 'our' river is roaring away.

Very warm and humid.

Apart from treadmill & gym today I am painting an old mahogany picture frame black - very exciting!

A good day to you all.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I had an hour’s gentle ride on Zwift with the slowest robopacer. Trying to keep the heart rate down.

We had another shower but it’s brighter now. Not sure if I’ll venture back out or just watch the cycling.

PaulSB

Squire
Well you're limited to four tickets per household, you realise that?

They've not made it clear if it's per appearance or for the tour.
It's four per household per show. I know a worrying amount about a gig I'm not planning to attend.

What Ticketmaster knows is scary. Last time I was after Springsteen tickets I logged on from my laptop. A few minutes later I attempted to log on from my phone using the Ticketbastard app..........only to be met with a message with words to the effect:

"You are already in the queue. If you continue to log in with the app you will lose your place in the queue."

1000015217.jpg

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Nope I still cannot work out what he was hauling, nor can chat gpt which says he was and independant and it was never said what he was carrying, come on guys I am desperate for help on this one.

"There was a young lesbo named Spike ,
Who hauled dildos by night down the Pike .
When stopped by the fuzz and asked
what she does , she replied
"I'm a fake Dick Van Dyke" "
( above is a poem from my misspent youth which I learned about 58 years ago . The Pike refers to the New Jersey Turnpike. Very politically incorrect now I'm afraid . And who nowadays under 50 heard of Dick Van Dyke ? } But I still think its both clever and funny. Call me old fashioned . I dedicate it to Drago's inflamed leg and hope it heals soon :becool:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We are experiencing very strong winds atm and last night when I took The Hound outside for a p15s which she did not perform I saw flashing orange lights down the end of our road. I came inside to clean my teeth and found the water was cut off. I assumed that the Water Company was on the job and that the water would be restored before morning. it was not. In the morning I walked down to the area where several trucks and men in hi vis were present standing around. There was a tree half blown over with all the foliage removed and the root ball had damaged the water main. I was told that they were waiting for the tree cutting team to return and cut it down to a stump before they could start digging down to the pipe

Finally two tree cutting teams arrived and presumably did a scissors paper rock to decide which one was going to do the job. The sound of chain saws has now ceased at 10.30AM so hopefully water will be restored soon.
There was also a woman in hi vis who appeared to be in charge.

The woman is ALWAYS in charge ;)

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

You are not alone ;)

Top Bottom