The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We are supposed to have showers by 10 am here, so I will take my brolly with me

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I talked myself into a Zwift session down in London.

Trying to give it some oomph on a sprint. :laugh:

IMG_0329.png

Well it's Tuesday which means it's my day to volunteer in the library helping people with IT

put the news on and apparently the most important thing is that some dodgy band from a long time ago and from Manchester has decided to get back together
or 2 of them have
I seem to remember them having a couple of not too bad hits in the period when I only listened to music on the car radio and never caught the name of the band

The things people to to fund a divorce settlement!!!

What is Cleese doing nowadays I wonder??

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well it's Tuesday which means it's my day to volunteer in the library helping people with IT

put the news on and apparently the most important thing is that some dodgy band from a long time ago and from Manchester has decided to get back together
or 2 of them have
I seem to remember them having a couple of not too bad hits in the period when I only listened to music on the car radio and never caught the name of the band

I never liked them the first time round.

PaulSB

Squire

or 2 of them have

That was my first thought. Mrs P doesn't want tickets. I understand the excitement but it's not for me.

I never liked them the first time round.

I got annoyed when they started and some idiot on the telly was saying they were greater than the Beatles

including about 20 minutes worth of "evidence"

one of the biggest loads of b****x I have ever seen on the TV - which means it has a lot of competition!

then they were in the papers all the bloomin' time - not for music but for being a pair of ass-holes that thought they were cool

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just got up about 30 mins ago - had a nice lay-in with coffees and Kindling.

Still pouring down - non-stop for three days now. Water is running down the road opposite the house on its way to the river. The river is in spate and most times in August it is down to around just 12 feet wide and a couple of feet deep.

Good job we got up as the oil delivery just arrived. They are supposed to phone the day before but didn't!

Lazy day today as there is naff all we can do outdoors. Despite the urgings of some of our friends to 'tough it out' we simply will not go walking on days like this. Hot & sweaty, in waterlogged fields, tracks and yes, even lanes are really not our cup of tea.

I am developing a theory as to why people who visit The Lakes tell us the weather is lovely here whereas those who live here think it isn't. More to come...

We are going to snuggle up on one of the sofas and read today.

Have a good day all.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Spent the morning working on the Montesa.

IMG_20240827_114045233.jpg

Stripped out the ignition system and carburettor then cleaned, checked and reassembled them correctly.
The points gap and ignition timing was a bi**h to get spot on but I got there in the end.
The carb had a blocked jet which I blew out with my compressor. All sorted!
Took the bike out of my workshop and it started first kick from cold. Bit of fiddling on the pilot jet and it was ticking over like a good 'un.
Quick run up and down the road and all seems OK :okay:
Next job is to sort out the carburetion on MrsD's Bantam.....

Top Bottom