The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all, I have had four separate orders from Temu, I have been pleased with all of them.

I’ve just ordered a quarter zip top to see what it’s like.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Crikey. Some of the stuff is really cheap! You shouldn’t have shown me! :laugh:

I know. I just spent £30. It would have cost me £90 in the UK.

You do have to be careful though. I have no idea how good or bad clothes would be. Might be a case of never mind the quality, feel the width as they say. But I'm haply with everything I've bought so far.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I know. I just spent £30. It would have cost me £90 in the UK.

You do have to be careful though. I have no idea how good or bad clothes would be. Might be a case of never mind the quality, feel the width as they say. But I'm haply with everything I've bought so far.

Just been reading reviews on Trustpilot and elsewhere. Very mixed and a lot of bad ones. Not sure I would use them for much.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
The weather looks like being nice today.
Sainsbury's are delivering the weekly goodies between 9 and 10 and then I'll be out on the bike for a while.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Just been reading reviews on Trustpilot and elsewhere. Very mixed and a lot of bad ones. Not sure I would use them for much.

Yes. Their reviews are often poor, but, personally, everything I have ordered from Aliexpress or Temu has been delivered in good condition, on time, and at a good price. But, I never had a bad experience with yodel/Evri/etc, whilst it appeared, everyone else did. Maybe I am just lucky?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A lot of people are in love with Shien, the Chinese clothes ap. They rave about it. But personally I wouldn't buy from them. No wonder so much clothing is consigned to the bin when you can buy stuff, wear it once then throw it away. It's just adding to the mountains of clothing having to be dealt with by some poor buggers on the sub continent. I'd rather spend more on good quality clothes that will last me years. I know that isn't fashionable these days though, or at least it seems that way. Cheap and cheerful then chuck it out is the way people are these days.

PaulSB

Squire
Good Morning........and I think it will be. Forecast is decent. I have a coloured wash on. Slept poorly as the shoulder is very uncomfortable, I think I need to find some stronger pain killers. I'm pretty sure we have some prescription codeine from when Mrs P was on chemo but I'm very weary of that stuff. I have to leave to get small person shortly mustn't hang around too long. Mrs P will take her swimming and I'll probably try for a doze then.

This afternoon I have my first physio assessment. A new experience as I've never done this before. At £75 for 45 minutes it's not cheap but my knee and shoulder need fixing. Ultimately the driver will be getting the bill.

I don't know Alliexpress but wouldn't go near Temu. Every website I visit seems to have a banner ad, I once expressed interest and no matter how often I unsubscribe I still deluged with daily emails. the prices are so cheap that the quality can't be great and I would seriously question the worker conditions these things are produced under. Sorry. I don't mean to be all moralistic but that's how the company/business model strikes me.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks :okay: Have a 'Housing manager' visitation tomorrow...im a reasonably tidy person but my windows could do with a clean, ive always thought who needs curtains if youve got dirt :laugh:
Ive decided to wear my sam browne belt every ride now...just about every cyclist [especially tourist] seem to resemble a day-glo banana making me invisible to brain dead motorist. Wheres it going to end i ask myself..cyclist wearing flashing light road cones on their bonce :rolleyes:
I saw my neighbours kitten learning how to stalk...its going to have to be careful with a mean old seagull :laugh:
DSCF6004 (1).JPG

Top Bottom