The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Good news and bad.

The antibiotics making me feel queasy and the toilet bowl looks like Falcon Heavy has launched from it. In between bouts of the squirts I've been asleep most of the day.

My leg still hurts and is so swollen even John Merrick would look alarmed were he to see it.

On the plus side, I'm sure the redness has faded slightly so hopefully the infection is receding.

Thank heavens we're less than 2 miles from Northampton general. The triage nurse took one look and I straight in, waited barely 20 mins for a Doc. I guess they're pretty hot these days on any infection that can get out of control and lead to sepsis and that worked in my favour.

I'm a famous wearer of shorts, sometimes as late into the year as December. Well, no more. I'll still wear them at home and pottering about but I'm not going near anything that looks remotely grassy in shorts, so even it a heatwave it'll be trousers. I've been bitten rotten by creepy crawlies this year and this latest one has just done me in.

I never wear shorts in the Fells or the fields around our house etc. For the very reason you describe.

Sepsis is no fun at all - I had it when I had my kidney problem just over 2 years ago - became a UTI which morphed into Sepsis. High fever, mega-sweats, could barely get out of bed let alone walk, and blood pouring out of my dick. Mrs SD thought I was dying - seriously.

Not good at all.

Drago

Legendary Member
The doc reckoned if I'd left it until this morning to seek medical advice I'd have been in leg amputation levels of serious sheet,mor even worse. Praise be to Mrs D for nagging me and NHS 111 for very quickly referring me to bossy so they were expecting me when I got there.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
The doc reckoned if I'd left it until this morning to seek medical advice I'd have been in leg amputation levels of serious sheet,mor even worse. Praise be to Mrs D for nagging me and NHS 111 for very quickly referring me to bossy so they were expecting me when I got there.

That was a bloody close call , you need something strong like FLUCLOXACILLIN or maybe even more . Don't think you're out of the woods when the swelling recedes and you're on the mend. Keep a very close eye on it for a long time ( months ) and wear fresh socks and footwear daily etc. Shorts and bare legs are potential targets and the older you get the more vulnerable. With climate change there are more dangers each year and new arrivals to the British Isles , i.e. striped mosquito etc . looming on the horizon

Well - a curry has been had

made ages ago and frozen but I added a sliced onion and some spices because I fiddle

anyway - felt very lethargic today - but forced myself to go out for a ride

managed to do all of it and felt better when I got back

anyway - grand-son's birthday tomorrow - card and present all sorted
now we just have to liase with his Mum about when we can go up and see them for a few minutes and give it to him
which will be the hard bit!!!

classic33

Leg End Member
Night all, I have a flexibility test tomorrow and a one to one with an instructor to steer me in the right direction to improve many problems, after that it is Tuesday gym session followed by a mile swim. I am interested to see how fit I can get with a worn out body.
Sithi

No waking up before it's light outside!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Cooooeee. Its warmer than the last few days. 16 deg here and overcast.

Shopping day for us today.

Temu is the new kid obln the block. I use Allie Express. Very similar to Temu. The prices are excellent, far cheaper than the UK. I only had one bad experience with Allie Express and that was with something that was coming from America. It didn't.

Stay safe peeps. :hello:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Cooooeee. Its warmer than the last few days. 16 deg here and overcast.

Shopping day for us today.

Temu is the new kid obln the block. I use Allie Express. Very similar to Temu. The prices are excellent, far cheaper than the UK. I only had one bad experience with Allie Express and that was with something that was coming from America. It didn't.

Stay safe peeps. :hello:

Crikey. Some of the stuff is really cheap! You shouldn’t have shown me! :laugh:

Top Bottom