The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
We have had so much rain this summer; Mrs SD has loads of pots in the garden filled with flowering plants. Normally they require frequent watering. They have not needed watering since the first week of May!

Been out for a damp and breezy 40 miles, decidedly chilly starting off. Dark clouds all around and frequent light showers, the odd bit of warm sun in between. Wind must have strengthened during the morning as I got a noticeable tailwind home.
IMG_3448.jpeg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Been out for a damp and breezy 40 miles, decidedly chilly starting off. Dark clouds all around and frequent light showers, the odd bit of warm sun in between. Wind must have strengthened during the morning as I got a noticeable tailwind home.
View attachment 742780

My old neighbours were from Currie before they came here. They’re now back through that way in East Calder.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
View attachment 742780

That's a good ride to get in on a less than perfect day.

I wish I could motivate myself to get out in inclement weather! But, there again, our sofas are such seductive blighters... :laugh:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My neighbours apple tree is laden with apples this year, but is far too big, and they don't seem to eat them or do much to the garden anyway.
So I have lopped of a couple of large branches that were leaning right over my kitchen roof and garden.
The apples are tasty, if a tad sharp but are good eaters and make a good apple sauce.
I know I am supposed to offer them back the fruit, and the branches but they will never notice.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Afternoon folks :okay: had a pleasant spin over to Loch Fleet near Dornoch today. Theres 2 benches there and i was really looking forward to sitting down for a while...anyhow a family occupied one bench and a couple of motorhomers had the other together with a table they had positioned in front of it. This couple then when inside their van leaving the table as if they were declaring ownership! Well **** them i thought and sat down, if they dont like it then they can 'go forth'. Happens a lot up here...NC500 territorial displays :rolleyes:
Got carved up by a passing car on the A9- i gave the middle finger :rolleyes: people hey.....
Had a first on the way back- overtook two road bike riders on a steep hill ^_^

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
I do not know if anyone else uses Temu, but I had a delivery yesterday, which was one day after they predicted. As soon as the delivery was made, I got an email from Temu saying they were refunding me £4 for the late delivery. The money is in my Paypal account already. I have been very pleased with everything I have had from them so far.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I do not know if anyone else uses Temu, but I had a delivery yesterday, which was one day after they predicted. As soon as the delivery was made, I got an email from Temu saying they were refunding me £4 for the late delivery. The money is in my Paypal account already. I have been very pleased with everything I have had from them so far.

I've not heard of them, but their customer service seems to be very good if they are that quick at giving refunds.

Drago

Legendary Member
Good news and bad.

The antibiotics making me feel queasy and the toilet bowl looks like Falcon Heavy has launched from it. In between bouts of the squirts I've been asleep most of the day.

My leg still hurts and is so swollen even John Merrick would look alarmed were he to see it.

On the plus side, I'm sure the redness has faded slightly so hopefully the infection is receding.

Thank heavens we're less than 2 miles from Northampton general. The triage nurse took one look and I straight in, waited barely 20 mins for a Doc. I guess they're pretty hot these days on any infection that can get out of control and lead to sepsis and that worked in my favour.

I'm a famous wearer of shorts, sometimes as late into the year as December. Well, no more. I'll still wear them at home and pottering about but I'm not going near anything that looks remotely grassy in shorts, so even it a heatwave it'll be trousers. I've been bitten rotten by creepy crawlies this year and this latest one has just done me in.

Top Bottom